Another Transfer Box thread

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
stallturn

Post by stallturn »

My petrol Macan S (Dec 2015, 31k miles) is exhibiting all the symptoms of Transfer Box failure - shuddering on slow start through the low gears, shuddering in reverse). It is now appreciably worse on each journey, although no issues once on the move in a constant gear and at motorway speeds.
My query: Is there any risk in continuing to drive the car with this problem? Should it be seen to immediately, or can it wait a couple of weeks (with perhaps an additional 400 - 500 miles?
My problem is finding the time to take it to an OPC and faff around with replacement cars etc. In 2-3 weeks time, I might have more time

Guy

Post by Guy »

I asked this question after mine (similar symptoms, getting worse) was diagnosed as transfer box by an OPC. They said that it was safe to drive around for another couple of weeks (until they could book it in!) They did said that if it got appreciably worse then I should call Porsche assist.
dylankid

Post by dylankid »

I had the same issue and was advised by OPC to call Porsche assistance who would then book it in with the dealer. They collected the car and arranged a courtesy car (BMW 5 series)
The dealer had the car for 2 days and called to say they replaced the transfer box.