Macan GTS - 2000 miles - Reflections

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

alxgb wrote:
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am Interesting. i think you like it. Perhaps not true love though.
It's a great car but it isn't special. I think if it went tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.
That’s how I felt about my Macan and in the end was the reason I got rid of it. Fortunate that you have other cars in the fleet that are special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.

VanB

Post by VanB »

Your thoughts on the car are identical to mine and I also found it far too easy to go too quickly. Very quickly learnt not to use comfort mode (20" on air) and kept it in sport and sport + all the time.

Totally agree with Nick about the difference in perception of speed between the Macan and the 911 and also with your assertion that it's a great car but not special.

I would definitely have another one if I ever had a need for a mid-size sporty SUV but would probably go Turbo PP if that were the case. For now I am very happy with the C4 GTS which keeps surprising me with just how good it is.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Paul wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:12 pm Thats the speed limit warning “bong”, there’s also a little button on the underside of the stalk whereby you can set a top speed limit irrespective of throttle pressure (can be overridden by a hard push)
I'll have a look, thanks for the tip.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

Hawkeye wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm
alxgb wrote:
Tom 2000 wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 am Interesting. i think you like it. Perhaps not true love though.
It's a great car but it isn't special. I think if it went tomorrow, I wouldn't miss it.
That’s how I felt about my Macan and in the end was the reason I got rid of it. Fortunate that you have other cars in the fleet that are special.

I'm being picky but I've been fortunate in having had the opportunity to drive and own some amazing cars. I can justify keeping it because it can take the dog but when it goes back to the dealer for the PDK gear lever to be replaced, I suspect I'll leave it with them.
alxgb

Post by alxgb »

VanB wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm Your thoughts on the car are identical to mine and I also found it far too easy to go too quickly. Very quickly learnt not to use comfort mode (20" on air) and kept it in sport and sport + all the time.

Totally agree with Nick about the difference in perception of speed between the Macan and the 911 and also with your assertion that it's a great car but not special.

I would definitely have another one if I ever had a need for a mid-size sporty SUV but would probably go Turbo PP if that were the case. For now I am very happy with the C4 GTS which keeps surprising me with just how good it is.
Yeah, I think I'll replace it with a GTS but a 911. I need to prove the case for fitting the dog.
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

It is a heavy SUV after all, there's no getting away from that. ;-)

I have been toying with the idea to swap the Macan for a small coupe of some sort. But then I remember the rather rutted country car parks where we take our dog and how easy it is to keep the dog and associated mud/sand contained in the back. So sticking with the Macan for now. :lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

alxgb wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:20 pm
VanB wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:46 pm Your thoughts on the car are identical to mine and I also found it far too easy to go too quickly. Very quickly learnt not to use comfort mode (20" on air) and kept it in sport and sport + all the time.

Yeah, I think I'll replace it with a GTS but a 911. I need to prove the case for fitting the dog.
You need this. https://www.gumtree.com/p/vans/2013-peu ... 1295856315
And a 911.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Have to admit I’m not a fan of air suspension, especially in the Macan GTS, pre purchase I did think you are buying the GTS for a more sporty feel, and in my opinion the air robbed the car of that feeling, my Silverstone day was with a GTS ( air ) I immediately detected that there was a difference, and a quick look at the console confirmed my suspicion. I currently am driving in sports + mode and in no way I would call the GTS hard/ firm / uncomfortable. All Porsche’s I have driven have great damping. I wouldn’t really call it heavy by suv standards, or a larger saloon. I suspect all the extras we pile on have a detrimental effect of weight and handling. In fact I have just removed my emergency wheel from the car... it must be 20kgs at least. If you want a sports car it might be just to refined to fit that the bill. And I too find myself driving more quickly than normal... Porcshe please bring out a head up display!!
Last edited by Mike and his Macan on Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

alxgb wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:18 pm
Hawkeye wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:24 pm
alxgb wrote:

I'm being picky but I've been fortunate in having had the opportunity to drive and own some amazing cars. I can justify keeping it because it can take the dog but when it goes back to the dealer for the PDK gear lever to be replaced, I suspect I'll leave it with them.

:shock: Leave it with them while they replace the gear lever, or leave it with them......?!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
jamieo

Post by jamieo »

Semerka wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 4:47 pm It is a heavy SUV after all, there's no getting away from that. ;-)

I have been toying with the idea to swap the Macan for a small coupe of some sort. But then I remember the rather rutted country car parks where we take our dog and how easy it is to keep the dog and associated mud/sand contained in the back. So sticking with the Macan for now. :lol:
Yeah, at the end of the day I got a Macan as the dog needed somewhere to go and he’s far too mucky for the back of a 911.

Spoiled dogs!