New PTS Turbo PP

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

997 S wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 am I picked up my new Turbo PP Exclusive last weekend and absolutely delighted with it....clearly not a cheap car but hey if I was worried about my bank balance I wouldn't be driving a Porsche :D Only done 300 miles so far but clearly a hugely capable car....can do the comfort/wafting thing very well but also is a great drive on B roads. Colour is Sport Classic Grey which is one of the main reasons I bought it...always loved the colour and it just happened that OPC Silverstone had built the car in this spec so I couldn't resist. Not the first car I have bought from them and always found them to be excellent. I think the red trim works really well with SC Grey....not sure it works as well with some other colours I have seen online to be honest.

Many congratulations - a fabulous looking car and especially with those alcantara centre panels on the seats together with the red accents.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

PSE on my turbo got noticeably louder after about 10.000km. Needs some running in I guess 😁
Hairymongoose

Post by Hairymongoose »

Very nice colour and suits the Exclusive red highlights. I believe there is more of a difference with sound on the PSE when the engine is warm. I certainly notice a change of tone when switched on and also sounds great at high rev up-changes - although still running mine in so should be avoiding those :roll:
1st 2015 Sapphire SD *Sold*
Current 2018 Rhodium Turbo PP Exclusive
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

Congratulations!! great looking car..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Beautiful looking car - many congrats and one of the more unique ones. I bet these exclusive edition ones hold better residuals too.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
997 S

Post by 997 S »

MacanArif wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 11:28 pm Beautiful looking car - many congrats and one of the more unique ones. I bet these exclusive edition ones hold better residuals too.
Hmm not sure about that! They're quite expensive compared to a Turbo PP but hey ho that's not why I bought it.

What I do know is that each OPC only got allocated one car and not all of them took it up so there aren't a lot of them around.....only sold in six or seven countries so quite rare but not a "numbered car". A couple of OPC's have them up for sale...one in Riviera Blue and one in Fashion Grey, Not sure about the Fashion Grey car with the yellow PCCB's that clash with the red trim.

Midasman15

Post by Midasman15 »

Great looking car, enjoy.
VG GTS gone, Grey GTS here but prefer the VG colour :(
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

997 S wrote: ↑Tue May 22, 2018 10:03 am
MacanArif wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 11:28 pm Beautiful looking car - many congrats and one of the more unique ones. I bet these exclusive edition ones hold better residuals too.
Hmm not sure about that! They're quite expensive compared to a Turbo PP but hey ho that's not why I bought it.

What I do know is that each OPC only got allocated one car and not all of them took it up so there aren't a lot of them around.....only sold in six or seven countries so quite rare but not a "numbered car". A couple of OPC's have them up for sale...one in Riviera Blue and one in Fashion Grey, Not sure about the Fashion Grey car with the yellow PCCB's that clash with the red trim.

There was a push about 18 months ago when there were a few wild and whacky colours in the showrooms.

My own OPC had a Riviera Blue 911, in the showroom.

Bit to gaudy for my taste, also not sure of the grey, the images make it look like primer rather that a top coat, but probably looks much better in the flesh.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
997 S

Post by 997 S »

Col Lamb wrote: ↑Tue May 22, 2018 12:20 pm
There was a push about 18 months ago when there were a few wild and whacky colours in the showrooms.

My own OPC had a Riviera Blue 911, in the showroom.

Bit to gaudy for my taste, also not sure of the grey, the images make it look like primer rather that a top coat, but probably looks much better in the flesh.
I really like some of the PTS/Brighter colours but I think you have to be really careful how you spec the cars wheels and interior in combination with them....it's easy to get it wrong. And some of the brighter colours just don't work on "normal" Porsche's.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

997 S wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm I'm sure the GTS is still the "sweet spot".

Can someone tell me how the PSE works ? Should I be able to hear a chage in the exhaust note if I hit the button at idle ?
Yes, you can. Not a huge difference, but certainly noticeable. If you can't hear any difference, it may be faulty, so borrow someone else's ears for a second opinion.