New PTS Turbo PP

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
997 S

Post by 997 S »

I picked up my new Turbo PP Exclusive last weekend and absolutely delighted with it....clearly not a cheap car but hey if I was worried about my bank balance I wouldn't be driving a Porsche :D Only done 300 miles so far but clearly a hugely capable car....can do the comfort/wafting thing very well but also is a great drive on B roads. Colour is Sport Classic Grey which is one of the main reasons I bought it...always loved the colour and it just happened that OPC Silverstone had built the car in this spec so I couldn't resist. Not the first car I have bought from them and always found them to be excellent. I think the red trim works really well with SC Grey....not sure it works as well with some other colours I have seen online to be honest.

Greddyuk

Post by Greddyuk »

great car!
Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Looks lovely. I wouldn't mind driving one of them to see how much more capable they are over a GTS and if the GTS is still the "sweet spot". Enjoy
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
997 S

Post by 997 S »

I'm sure the GTS is still the "sweet spot".

Can someone tell me how the PSE works ? Should I be able to hear a chage in the exhaust note if I hit the button at idle ? Or does it only kick in higher up the rev range ? If I turn the PSE on when stationary it doesn't seem to make any difference which isn't my experience with other PSE equipped cars.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have a GTS and the PSE only works higher in the Rev range, as opposed to idle... great car 😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
bloosoo

Post by bloosoo »

Oh that looks good!
Macan GTS Aetna Blue (March 2023)

Macan GTS Riviera Blue (Nov 2017) sold

GT3 Crayon (Nov 2022)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

997 S wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm Can someone tell me how the PSE works ? Should I be able to hear a chage in the exhaust note if I hit the button at idle ? Or does it only kick in higher up the rev range ? If I turn the PSE on when stationary it doesn't seem to make any difference which isn't my experience with other PSE equipped cars.
Congrats on the Turbo PP. Looks awesome! :)

With regard to the PSE, I can only comment re: my 991.2 Carrera T. Funnily enough I noticed yesterday that the exhaust note does change a little at idle, depending on whether the PSE is switched on or off. I was parked between two cars at the time, which I think made the change in exhaust note more noticeable. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Congrats, the T PP is a great car, a GTS on steroids, it handles as good as a GTS but with 80 bhp more its way faster.

The PSE button is great, when switched on it drones at constant speed so its good for that but otherwise it sounds great excet on an SD where it sounds well different.

On all Macans the exhaust gate valves open on startup so we all get the growl and induction roar until we get the car moving when the valves shut, in a non PSE car floor the throttle and we get a roar, not as loud as with PSE but there nevertheless.

Enjoy.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Lovely looking car, congrats.

I never thought the PSE did much on my Macan GTS except drone on the motorway but there is a noticeable difference in the 911 when I turn PSE on, much more bass to the sound of the exhaust and very noticeable pops and crackles which was not my experience with the Macan. HTH
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

997 S wrote: ↑Mon May 21, 2018 1:16 pm Can someone tell me how the PSE works ? Should I be able to hear a chage in the exhaust note if I hit the button at idle ? Or does it only kick in higher up the rev range ? If I turn the PSE on when stationary it doesn't seem to make any difference which isn't my experience with other PSE equipped cars.
In my Turbo I can hear the difference at idle but it is quite subtle especially with the windows closed. Noticeably louder outside but I wouldn't call it noisy. I do get the pops and crackles on overrun when in Sport mode :D . On the motorway the PSE does drone a bit so I usually turn it off then.

It's much more noticeable in the 911.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA