Ventilated Seats

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
ken

Post by ken »

Going in to the dealer tomorrow to (likely) place my order.

One of the options I had decided on is the ventilated front seats. So as usual I have been trying to read as much as I can about them and I found someone commenting that they made the seat base quite firm and felt they became uncomfortable after a while sitting in them.

Know I know how the internet works, people complaining tend to outweigh those who are happy as the happy people are out enjoying whatever the unhappy people are online complaining about.

I wanted to get the thoughts of anyone here that had this option fitted and what their experience with the seat comfort was like.

Any feedback welcome.
White Macan S - delivered 17/1/15

Chris s

Post by Chris s »

Comfort seats are great.

Cant comment on ventilation but would think only useful if travelling around regularly in +20deg C conditions.
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

I had ventilated seats in an XF a few years ago and hardly ever used them.
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
bompey

Post by bompey »

I wish I had ordered them. I tried them at porsche silver stone but hadn't ordered them.bompey2014-08-07 11:47:00
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
RJMooney

Post by RJMooney »

I got into my Boxster which was parked outside in the sun for a while. It has black leather seats. Although the air-con got things chilly in a few minutes, the backrest and squab were radiating and the seat was less than comfortable. I thought about the ventilated seats of my Macan and how an icy wind would have been sensational.
I hardly use my heated seat - but when I do, I'm really pleased I have it.
Macan Diesel S; Boxster S; 356 C
ken

Post by ken »

Thanks for all the replies. I have gone with heated and ventilated seats. :)
Llamedos

Post by Llamedos »

Going in to the dealer tomorrow to (likely) place my order.

One of the options I had decided on is the ventilated front seats. So as usual I have been trying to read as much as I can about them and I found someone commenting that they made the seat base quite firm and felt they became uncomfortable after a while sitting in them.

Know I know how the internet works, people complaining tend to outweigh those who are happy as the happy people are out enjoying whatever the unhappy people are online complaining about.

I wanted to get the thoughts of anyone here that had this option fitted and what their experience with the seat comfort was like.

Any feedback welcome.

If you're going for a leather option, I would recommend seat ventilation. It's been a godsend for me this hot summer. It's an option you never think you'll use, until you get it -then, you'll wonder how you ever did without it! Thumbs Up
L.
Triple7

Post by Triple7 »

Only used seat vent on my 997 Cab a few times, but kinda missed it on my Macan these past few weeks. Come winter in a coupe, of weeks, I went give it a second thought and know doubt be glad of my heated steering wheel!
Sold: 2014 Macan Diesel S in Jet Black.
Sold: 2016 Macan GTS in Jet Black.
Cancelled: 2017 Macan Turbo + PP in Jet Black for a RRS.
Ordered: 2019 992 C4S in Jet Black.
To be ordered 2019 Macan Turbo / Turbo S / Turbo + PP. Yeah, it’ll be in Jet Black!
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Smile

Nosmo2014-08-09 14:56:39
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
ken

Post by ken »

Yeah, I figured it is worthwhile during the summer so got heating and ventilation. Didn't go with the steering wheel heating though, hmmm. All leather seats are standard on all models in Australia.