Incorrect Warning Light and Mirror Dimming

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
PhilK

Post by PhilK »

Am in the middle of a motoring holiday with our Macan. Overall, v impressed. However, in addition to the alarm triggering one night (this was our first confirmation that we had this problem since our car is normally garaged), I've noticed that whenever I apply the electronic Parking Brake, the (!) warning light illuminates on the Rev Counter rather than the (P) warning light. Does anyone else have this anomaly?

I have also done some night driving and, having paid for auto dimming mirrors, I found they weren't working. At least, I thought they weren't working until I spotted a push button on the rear view mirror to "activate" this function. Given there's a light sensor in the car which prevents the interior lighting coming on during daylight hours, you would have thought that this self same circuit could be used to activate the auto dimming mirrors from dusk onwards!
Porsche Macan Diesel S

Beausoleil

Post by Beausoleil »

It's crazy if you have to activate the auto dimming mirror every drive. But if, now you've pushed the button, it defaults to on, I kind of like the idea of 'automatic' features having a manual override.