Porsche tell OPC they cannot sell Diesels

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

Col M wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 pm Can't tell if my VIN is not recognised or no recall on my June '16 SD?
When you enter your VIN and search it should state the type of Macan that you have with a statement that 'There are currently no open recalls for this vehicle.'

johnd

Post by johnd »

Col M wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 am
You can check if your car is the subject of a Porsche recall here:
https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vin ... N?ReadForm
Can't tell if my VIN is not recognised or no recall on my June '16 SD?
That link is a bit flakey. It gave me not recognised 2 or 3 times but then a bit later exactly the same string worked OK = no (new) recalls. But do make sure that the 17-character string is 100% correct of course.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
MikeMcan

Post by MikeMcan »

The OPC have instructions from Porsche they cannot sell any used diesels.
So they have diesel stock they cannot sell.
So will not be buying any diesels.
Best they can do is trade their diesel stock on (for the moment.)
Its a real blow to them.
Hopefully it will be resolved soon for the OPCs
Paul

Post by Paul »

MikeMcan wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:53 pm The OPC have instructions from Porsche they cannot sell any used diesels.
So they have diesel stock they cannot sell.
So will not be buying any diesels.
Best they can do is trade their diesel stock on (for the moment.)
Its a real blow to them.
Hopefully it will be resolved soon for the OPCs

I suspect that rather than watching them distress out of used stock (and further eroding residuals,) Porsche will offer some form of extended / subsidised funding to the dealerships enabling them to carry the stock through until whatever software fix can be implemented and the units can be retailed profitably within the network.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

If in doubt, then do contact your OPC who will be able to clarify.

My Macan that was delivered in May 2017 is NOT subject to this recall.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Col M

Post by Col M »

johnd wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:26 pm
Col M wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:34 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:17 am
You can check if your car is the subject of a Porsche recall here:
https://recall.porsche.com/prod/pag/vin ... N?ReadForm
Can't tell if my VIN is not recognised or no recall on my June '16 SD?
That link is a bit flakey. It gave me not recognised 2 or 3 times but then a bit later exactly the same string worked OK = no (new) recalls. But do make sure that the 17-character string is 100% correct of course.
Cheers worked this time so mine's come up with no active recalls. So worth changing the brakes!
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
steve w

Post by steve w »

What’s going on at PORSCHE ?, they close down the factories,stop producing vehicles and then tell OPCs not to sell any new or used DIESELS they have in stock,when customers spend £55/65k on a new Porsche it’s not what they expected and is concerning that there seems to be a lack of information coming out to the customers causing frustration and worry,there’s enough negative information regarding DIESELS without Porsche adding to the pressure and further future residual problems.
Perhaps they should start considering the customers who are witnessing their SD Macans depreciate through all this negativity.
Steve W
VanB

Post by VanB »

It's no a great way to keep customers happy. I think the truth of the matter is that they've been caught with their pants down using Audi engines with cheat software so probably trying to quietly resolve it rather than risk negative publicity. However, in going about it surreptitiously they are alienating people. A much better response would be to put their hand up for what's gone on and explain what steps they are taking to rectify the issue.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Just bought a Mazda diesel and i'm amazed to see that after 100k miles the exhaust is bright and shiny inside.

Lets hope it doesn't get legislated off the road.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
nsm3

Post by nsm3 »

steve w wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 am What’s going on at PORSCHE ?, they close down the factories,stop producing vehicles and then tell OPCs not to sell any new or used DIESELS they have in stock,when customers spend £55/65k on a new Porsche it’s not what they expected and is concerning that there seems to be a lack of information coming out to the customers causing frustration and worry,there’s enough negative information regarding DIESELS without Porsche adding to the pressure and further future residual problems.
Perhaps they should start considering the customers who are witnessing their SD Macans depreciate through all this negativity.
Steve W
Agreed - they should stand on, do full price buy backs/exchanges dependant on customers requirements. This is a very shoddy episode in my view and certainly damages the brand to plenty of us that aren't on the halo GT cars waiting lists?

Never going to happen though.
Current: Macan S Diesel
Previous: 981 Cayman S
Previous: 997.1 GT3
Previous: 997.1 C2S