Leather Bolster products

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Entry and drive moves the seat back and steering wheel up to allow more space to get in and out of the car.......and then moves the seat back to position once in.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

In our previous BMW's we used the Gliptone Scuffmaster touch up kit on both black and cream seats. You have to supply the vehicle details / trim code so they can match the colour.

https://www.liquidleather.com/leather-dyes-c48/kits-c92

But as JK88 says, your bolster has not got to the stage needing a dye touch up yet. ;)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Mike and his Macan

Thanks again just ordered gliptone, and the Gtechnic friction spray.....
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Rennwagen

Post by Rennwagen »

Here’s 3 years and 35k miles on Agate Gray 18-way seats. It has gotten occasional leather treatments with Lexol. I (mostly) am careful getting in/out not to just sit on that bolster since I’ve been aware of the potential issue from day 1. I am not a huge person (140 lbs) and I do have Entry/drive and comfort memory feature in which the car pulls the seat back when ignition is switched off.

The Porsche leather is high-quality and wears well even with minimal care. While you can see a few creases and surface blemishes in the close-up photos, I don’t consider this very bad at all for the age/mileage. You really have to look closely and with good light since they aren’t visible otherwise. Of course it’ll be worse at 100k miles...but I won’t have this car then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_6271.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

Last edited by Rennwagen on Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2018 Macan Turbo/PP in PTS Malachite Green to be completed 6/1/18
2015 Macan Turbo in Sapphire Blue delivered 2/28/15
andreas

Post by andreas »

Just to clarify - the Entry & Drive option is keyless entry to the car. It's the Comfort Memory option on the seats which shifts the driver's seat back when you switch off the ignition.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:17 pm Entry and drive moves the seat back and steering wheel up to allow more space to get in and out of the car.......and then moves the seat back to position once in.
Ah, I think you mean 'comfort entry', per Andeas's post above.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Mike and his Macan

Yes you’re right about that,it is comfort entry thanks.. those seats looks great to me hopefully I can keep them the same as yours, good to know they are hard wearing, mybe I was being a bit OCD 🙄.
Mike and his Macan

Hi... that’s what I’m worried about, I avoid the side bolsters by getting in almost backwards... Iv just received my Gtechnic anti friction spray today.. so will start to use it as well as the gliptone... will update.
JKNHants

Post by JKNHants »

We have the Expresso natural leather and no signs of wear so far after 2 + years on either driver or passengers' seats . Natural products only have been recommended should stains or wear require attention. Very impressed with quality overall.
Petrol S delivered Apr 16
Mike and his Macan

Thanks again... so I applied gliptone to all seats ( even though it’s mainly a single us car) the smell is great and smells like genuine leather and has a Matt finish.... iv used the Gtechnic anti friction on the parts of the seat I brush against... hopefully all will work...