Turbo PP Or GTS

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I’d go for a Turbo (not PP) again probably.
Otherwise GTS if stripped back. PP if I wanted some luxuries.

alxgb

Post by alxgb »

sparkmacan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 am Just looking for views & comments please,
Would you purchase a GTS over a Turbo PP ?
Looking at both at the moment,
Many thanks
I have a GTS and drove GTS, standard Turbo and PP before purchasing.

Performance wise, of course the Turbo/PP is faster but it's not like you're comparing a gutless 2.0 to a Turbo, these are incremental differences. I didn't think that difference was worth the cost differential between the models. The GTS is the slowest car I own and it isn't slow so I guess it depends on what you want out of the driving experience. You might want to compare a Sport Plus GTS to a Turbo for day to day driving as well - throttle response and different maps change the attitude of the car and while ballistic speed is one thing, how often will you use it?

I'd argue the GTS is and will always remain the sweet spot of the range.

I felt the styling on the GTS was more to my taste as well, I'm not a fan of chrome. To customise the aesthetic of the Turbo/PP to achieve the same look was money I was not going to get back which swayed me to the GTS.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

sparkmacan wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:36 am Just looking for views & comments please,
Would you purchase a GTS over a Turbo PP ?
Looking at both at the moment,
Many thanks
BTW

Are you looking new or second hand?

Second hand then there should be quite a few around but some may not have the spec you want.

New, will probably be a little difficult in the short to medium term due to the factory not taking orders at present and when it restarts I would only expect the 2.0, the S and the Turbo to be initially available.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I think the Turbo will be three to four months behind the 2.0 and S. As far as I know there is no date for the GTS. Mind you, if Autocar is right, the S will have the power output of the old GTS. Of course it won't have the lowered suspension and other toys.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
bompey

Post by bompey »

If it helps I originally had a 2014 Turbo for 2 years and have now had my GTS for 2 years. You will need to try both over an extended to be sure.

I havent driven the turbo PP but we felt our Turbo was too powerful for the roads whereas the GTS had just the right amount of power to be more involving to drive.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Bogus

Post by Bogus »

bompey wrote:If it helps I originally had a 2014 Turbo for 2 years and have now had my GTS for 2 years. You will need to try both over an extended to be sure.

I havent driven the turbo PP but we felt our Turbo was too powerful for the roads whereas the GTS had just the right amount of power to be more involving to drive.
There is nothing called too much power...[emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Jokes apart, after having the Turbo PP for 2 weeks now and having driven the same roads I normally would drive, I like the additions power on tap.. It also depends on your style of driving and how heavy is your right foot..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Macan Turbo PP - Collected June 2018
LED PDLS, Pano, Air Susp, ACC, Entry & Drive, 21" Turbo 2 wheels, LDW, Heated front & rear seats, Turbo Interior Packagae, PSE
Panamera 4S (970.2) - Sold May 2018
911 C4S (991.1) - Sold May 2017
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Thanks for the comments all, great views.
I am looking used car, I see you can buy a used from OPC at around 62-64 17 plate good specs, then also there are good spec PP's around for say 5K more,
The PP initially have dropped more in the first year, ie possibly 5k on the GTS & around 10K on the PP, based on the ones I have been looking at.
You do have to look at the losses too, does everyone think the GTS will hold better long term value ?
Thanks Again.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
sparkmacan

Post by sparkmacan »

Just a quick catch up to see if any more GTS / Turbos are for sale from forum members ?, still looking to purchase the right car.

Many thanks .
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZWUIJ5 Waiting patiently

Previous Macan SD 65 & GTS 66
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

My GTS will become available. What are you looking for?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
MyKingdomForAPorsche

Post by MyKingdomForAPorsche »

The turbo PP looks like a brilliant car. Practicality and performance. What's not to like?
Well, the price. It seems overpriced to me, even in the context of Porsche (all over-priced).
I'm happy with the Macan GTS. But if I didn't have a 911 too, I'd want the PP.
2018 Macan GTS in Volcano Grey
2014 911 Turbo S cab in Agate Grey