Decisions decisions...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

+1 Buy a new buggy!

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

We now have at least one child in the equation, that compromises the Macan as a suitable car.

The boot is only just big enough for my Wife and I when we go away within the UK on holiday.

Put our two Grandkids seats in the back after covering the seats and carpets with some old sheets to protect them from mucky feet (they are a messy pair despite a no drink and food rule inside the Macan) and then put all our bits and pieces in the boot for a day out and its full, a luggage carrying capacity of an Avant it just does not have.

Supermarket shopping and the boot is soon filled heaven knows how a family of four manage.

So what I am saying is that do consider your lifestyle requirements in your buying.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Col Lamb wrote:We now have at least one child in the equation, that compromises the Macan as a suitable car.

The boot is only just big enough for my Wife and I when we go away within the UK on holiday.

Put our two Grandkids seats in the back after covering the seats and carpets with some old sheets to protect them from mucky feet (they are a messy pair despite a no drink and food rule inside the Macan) and then put all our bits and pieces in the boot for a day out and its full, a luggage carrying capacity of an Avant it just does not have.

Supermarket shopping and the boot is soon filled heaven knows how a family of four manage.

So what I am saying is that do consider your lifestyle requirements in your buying.

That’s good to know, and was my
Though once I put the buggy and cot in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Maybe not this time around but another to consider in a couple of years is a Tesla X, with the right battery oack the RS will seem so pedestrian.

An EV in London is bound to be a plus.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

guyneutron wrote:
Col Lamb wrote:We now have at least one child in the equation, that compromises the Macan as a suitable car.

That’s good to know, and was my
Though once I put the buggy and cot in

I had a deposit on a Macan from launch, but then as soon as I went to the launch event and saw the car in person, I knew it was just too small for us. At the time, our son was about 18 months old.

So, we bought a BMW 530d Touring and ran that for two years and then bought the Macan. The Macan with a roof box then gave us all the practicality we needed.

No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

Ian.g wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:38 pm +1 Buy a new buggy!
or get a divorce and buy a 911 :twisted:
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
VanB

Post by VanB »

Or don't get a divorce and buy a 911 anyway!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

VanB wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm Or don't get a divorce and buy a 911 anyway!
Spending time on this forum, a 911 will be the ultimate outcome anyway.... :lol:
VanB

Post by VanB »

Orangebulldog wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:35 pm
VanB wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:44 pm Or don't get a divorce and buy a 911 anyway!
Spending time on this forum, a 911 will be the ultimate outcome anyway.... :lol:
Quite a few of us have ended up in one for sure
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate