Scooby

Post by Scooby »

It seems a bit weird having all this talk about tesla on the macan forum
I thought they would have there own forum
But its probably down as it needs recharging

eakae

Post by eakae »

Hi guyneutron,

Welcome. I think the Macan is a very highly accomplished car for an SUV. I think it really boils down to what you’re looking for and what you need it for. I live in London and having one car feels like a luxury so certainly couldn’t justify 2. I think perfect situation could be a 991.1 GTS for pure unadulterated fun and a Cayenne for family and cruising holidays. The Macan is quite simply an amazing combination of both with little compromise where one car is more than enough.

I had looked at an S4 Avant in the past but it simply didn’t float my boat. Personally if the RS6 was my dream car i’d go for that now. Maybe try a Macan once the supposed facelifted version is out which might meet your more premium expectations. Best of luck with your decision...
Current: Defender V8 CE
Sold: Macan Turbo PP
Back to OPC: Cayenne
Back to OPC: Macan Turbo
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

:lol: :lol: This forum can best be characterised as:
- Macan owners
- Enthusiast drivers
- 911 owners in waiting
- and ex-Macan mates
forum

no bad thing 😃
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Ferdie wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 pm :lol: :lol: This forum can best be characterised as:
- Macan owners
- Enthusiast drivers
- 911 owners in waiting
- and ex-Macan mates
forum

no bad thing 😃
:lol: :o :roll:
You forgot - Elon's evangelists!
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Ferdie

Post by Ferdie »

Harsh ......................... but true SAC1 :lol:

However, for the 99% it will ultimately be the only way for personal transport. For the masses petrol engines will be treated like steam engines are today, with affection but they would not want one. I do admire Elon's b***s for just going out there with no track record and changing the playing field.
991.1 C2 - Black Edition
(Prior) Macan SD - Night Blue
Fordson Dexta - 1960
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

guyneutron wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm
Col Lamb wrote:Welcome.

I assume that you will be looking to buy new, please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct then I think that you may well have a problem with getting a GTS without a fair wait, the factory is not taking orders at present due it being refitted for the new engines and possibly rejigging for the facelifted Macan.

Once the factory order book opens I would only expect to find the 2.0 litre the S and the Turbo available.

In which case most likely the Turbo with the 2.9 litre c435 bhp engine which will offer power delivery similar to your Audi but with a vastly superior ride, and better handling.

Looking at a year old approved used. Found a good spec with only 2000 miles. So no, not new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It depends upon how you like to drive.

The GTS will need to be worked hard and is best in Sport mode to get the best out of an engine that likes to be rev’ed

A GTS includes a £1600 Exhaust system as standard which does sound great but for me I soon tired of the drone at constant speed

A Turbo is effortless to drive and a far better car for everything except maxed our handling.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Col Lamb wrote:
guyneutron wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:47 pm
Col Lamb wrote:Welcome.

I assume that you will be looking to buy new, please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct then I think that you may well have a problem with getting a GTS without a fair wait, the factory is not taking orders at present due it being refitted for the new engines and possibly rejigging for the facelifted Macan.

Once the factory order book opens I would only expect to find the 2.0 litre the S and the Turbo available.

In which case most likely the Turbo with the 2.9 litre c435 bhp engine which will offer power delivery similar to your Audi but with a vastly superior ride, and better handling.

Looking at a year old approved used. Found a good spec with only 2000 miles. So no, not new

It depends upon how you like to drive.

The GTS will need to be worked hard and is best in Sport mode to get the best out of an engine that likes to be rev’ed

A GTS includes a £1600 Exhaust system as standard which does sound great but for me I soon tired of the drone at constant speed

A Turbo is effortless to drive and a far better car for everything except maxed our handling.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon
I think I might need to drive a turbo too, found a couple of good examples in my price range .

guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Long test drive today! Wouldn’t even consider the car without sport plus, really transforms the whole feeling of the car. Went home , put the buggy on the back with the cot, and low and behold, it didn’t fit!!!!!
Hahaha, so after a second test drive, and a two hour one at that, the damn buggy won’t fit in the boot!! Yes I could probably remove the back shelf, but that’s just a hassle.
Bummed out , but think I’ll wait a year, once we don’t need the cot part of the buggy, and then maybe even go for the facelift GTS 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️[emoji15][emoji848]

Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Just take out parcel shelve and have the windows tinted pappy :)
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Buy a new buggy???

There are many buggy options that are very compact. It’s a few years back now but one of the best buggies we bought was a Quinn’s Zapp. So light and compact it was a joy to use after the big heavy complex ones.