Decisions decisions...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Hi guys and gals, 1st world problems here! Haha
Currently have a 66plate S4 avant which I absolutely love! I normally keep my cars for 1.5-2 yrs and am feeling the itch again to change cars.
Test drove a Macan GTS today. I live in London and there was crazy traffic in central today so I didn’t really get a good feel of the car, and felt a little underwhelmed compared to my S4.Obviously the s4 is way quicker which I expected. However what surprised me was that for a £15k difference the Macan felt less premium then the S4, maybe it was the lack of tech on the Macan compared to the S4 (S4 is the new Audi interiors,while the Macan is still the “older” version , which will probably be refreshed next year)
I did like sitting higher, as I’ve only ever owned cars, and never owned an actual SUV, so maybe it was the novelty, but I liked it.
Now here is the funny thing, as I mentioned earlier the car didn’t feel as premium to me compared to the Audi when I was driving it, HOWEVER ! once I was back in the Audi , I was totally wrong ! Yes the Audi has more tech , and the seats are so much nicer, but as a whole , the S4 felt less put together then the Macan (if that makes sense) and looking back the macan might of felt more premium after all 🤷🏻‍♂️
Well now I’m unsure what to do, but luckily I am getting the macan for 2 hrs on Saturday to take it on a proper test drive, by myself :)
I am also looking at a 2 yrs old RS6, it has been my dream car for a long time, only reservation is interior feels dated .
Anyway, just thought I would share my feeling with a little rant! Hahaha and would love to hear some thoughts and opinions for all of you macan owners, and what cars you guys came from (before the macan)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happy days

Post by happy days »

Get out of town and onto proper roads. The Macan will be heads and shoulders above the Audi on the road.
Macan S D
718 S
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

Ive come from a b7 then a b8 rs4 avant so heres my 2ps worth
I have a gts macan and compared to the audis it has a far supperior sense of ocassion
My driving is 90% on country roads and its a hoot
An suv should not be this much fun
Pan roof open exhaust on loud its happy days
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

I assume that you will be looking to buy new, please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct then I think that you may well have a problem with getting a GTS without a fair wait, the factory is not taking orders at present due it being refitted for the new engines and possibly rejigging for the facelifted Macan.

Once the factory order book opens I would only expect to find the 2.0 litre the S and the Turbo available.

In which case most likely the Turbo with the 2.9 litre c435 bhp engine which will offer power delivery similar to your Audi but with a vastly superior ride, and better handling.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
muxty

Post by muxty »

Hi guyneutron,
I'm a former owner of an Audi RS6 and my wife had a Macan Turbo. Both cars more or less fully loaded. Have now moved over to a Tesla S and it was a real eye opener. Has turned out to be the best car I ever owned from so many perspectives. Or maybe look into the Jag I-Pace if you don't do longer road trips and would like a smaller CUV? Not saying that it is for you, but do consider it is my tip :)
Good luck!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

muxty wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am Hi guyneutron,
I'm a former owner of an Audi RS6 and my wife had a Macan Turbo. Both cars more or less fully loaded. Have now moved over to a Tesla S and it was a real eye opener. Has turned out to be the best car I ever owned from so many perspectives. Or maybe look into the Jag I-Pace if you don't do longer road trips and would like a smaller CUV? Not saying that it is for you, but do consider it is my tip :)
Good luck!
Oh boy, have you opened Pandora's Box :twisted: This thread will no longer be about comparing an Audi S4 with a Macan but how absolutely brilliant a few resolute forum members think everything made by Tesla is. As you might guess, I'm not one of them :D .
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:25 am
muxty wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:19 am Hi guyneutron,
Good luck!
Oh boy, have you opened Pandora's Box :twisted: This thread will no longer be about comparing an Audi S4 with a Macan but how absolutely brilliant a few resolute forum members think everything made by Tesla is. As you might guess, I'm not one of them :D .
So true.

An EV as suggested would certainly be high up on my list if I was unfortunate enough to have to live in or near London, its its far to conjested for my likings.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Col Lamb wrote:Welcome.

I assume that you will be looking to buy new, please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am correct then I think that you may well have a problem with getting a GTS without a fair wait, the factory is not taking orders at present due it being refitted for the new engines and possibly rejigging for the facelifted Macan.

Once the factory order book opens I would only expect to find the 2.0 litre the S and the Turbo available.

In which case most likely the Turbo with the 2.9 litre c435 bhp engine which will offer power delivery similar to your Audi but with a vastly superior ride, and better handling.
Looking at a year old approved used. Found a good spec with only 2000 miles. So no, not new

guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

muxty wrote:Hi guyneutron,
Good luck!
So you are currently in a Tesla?
How was the RS6 compared to the macan turbo?
Not a fan of Jag whatsoever, and as far as EV goes, I want to enjoy Petrol a little more before they go extinct ;) hahaha so a few more years of petrol for me. And yes the Tesla is a fantastic car!

guyneutron

Post by guyneutron »

Oh boy, have you opened Pandora's Box :twisted: This thread will no longer be about comparing an Audi S4 with a Macan but how absolutely brilliant a few resolute forum members think everything made by Tesla is. As you might guess, I'm not one of them :D .[/quote]

Hahah! Typical ! Haha Tesla’s are nice, but I want to enjoy petrol engines before they disappear from this world! ;)
Well , I guess we are all lucky to have these “problems” hahaha