Gen 1 Macan Turbo in Carrera White
Air, 21” wheels ACC Pano SurCam 18w LEDs PS+, Int Light Pack
Heated Seats and Steering, Spare wheel, SC, Heat&Noise insulated
Ext Leather, Sports+ Bose+TV tuner
Std Turbo exhaust, E&Drive, Sports Design Package

Rab J

Post by Rab J »

https://www.cdslotmount.com/
I have used these for a few years now and found them very good. Never used it in the Macan so not sure how well it would work in a low CD slot.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Taz

Post by Taz »

If you have the opportunity, buy the rennline in the USA; it is $45 compared to £45 and that is after tax. Delivery within the USA is $10.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
Guy

Post by Guy »

For info (having seen it mentioned on the US Forum), Brodit now make a centre mount option for the Macan.

Details here: https://www.brodit.co.uk/brodit/vehicle ... 655387.htm

Clearly it is much closer to the eyeline that the console mounts. Not sure whether it would be OK with a leather dash - the installation photos look like plastic.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I had always thought there was an existing mobile phone holder in the armrest (flip it up and it's up against the side wall). That's what the Porsche guys pointed out. I would also point out that if your phone is bluetoothed to the PCM, and you have satnav, why would you ever need the phone??! The PCM bings every time you receive an email and every time you receive a message! I might also say that having your phone anywhere out attached somewhere is asking for trouble as a distraction! It's also now an extremely expensive risk with the police! Save your dosh!
happy days

Post by happy days »

My phone won't fit in it.
Macan S D
718 S
Guy

Post by Guy »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm I had always thought there was an existing mobile phone holder in the armrest (flip it up and it's up against the side wall). That's what the Porsche guys pointed out. I would also point out that if your phone is bluetoothed to the PCM, and you have satnav, why would you ever need the phone??! The PCM bings every time you receive an email and every time you receive a message! I might also say that having your phone anywhere out attached somewhere is asking for trouble as a distraction! It's also now an extremely expensive risk with the police! Save your dosh!
Not a Waze user then? ;)
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Guy wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:58 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:51 pm I had always thought there was an existing mobile phone holder in the armrest (flip it up and it's up against the side wall). That's what the Porsche guys pointed out. I would also point out that if your phone is bluetoothed to the PCM, and you have satnav, why would you ever need the phone??! The PCM bings every time you receive an email and every time you receive a message! I might also say that having your phone anywhere out attached somewhere is asking for trouble as a distraction! It's also now an extremely expensive risk with the police! Save your dosh!
Not a Waze user then? ;)
Out of principle, if I spend over £60k on a car, I will get lost or get stuck in traffic if its satnav tells me to! :lol:
Guy

Post by Guy »

LOL - my Porsche Satnav (2015) can't even find my local Porsche dealer!! :shock:
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

If you use CarPlay, then Waze and Google Maps are coming with the iOS 12 update in the autumn.

So should not need a phone holder anymore. ;)

Capture.JPG

Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0