Silverstone range test

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

Went to Silverstone Experiance Center for a day out driving the Porsche range. I have to say me and my guest had a great time. I have been for days out here a number of times so the format is familiar, I was expecting not much driving and a lot of talkings. I was mistaken after a lovely lunch we had a brief safety chat then put into groups. Our group started with 911’s. my first drive was a GTs 4x4, the instructor was great always managed to find a clean piece of track for me to give it some beans😄. Then onto a 911s manual! I now know I don’t want a manual box again. The car was great just found myself concentrating more on the gears than the road, I am sure this would change over time but I cannot see the need when the pdk is as good as it is.
Quick cuppa then onto the roads in a Macan turbo and a Panamera hybrid, I have the Macan diesel so it was great to try the turbo.... loved it, the Panamera was great would make a great grand tourer. Quick cuppa again then out in the Caymens spent quite a bit of time on the kick plate which I have done well on for a change, then into the Cayenne for the off road demo.
All in all it was hectic and fun only wish would have been to get a demo lap in the GT3’s but they were not available 🙁
Thanks Porsche for a fun day.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Glad you enjoyed it.

The Caymen on the kick plate was good experience, my instructor had me use all different combinations of throttle, steering and bracking to get different reactions of the car.

It certainly sounds as you had far more laps than I did on my range day where circuit laps were only in a Turbo PP and a GTSC4, all the others were kick plate/ice hill, the off road demo and zero on country roads.

Mind you I did complain loudly and gave very poor feedback about the lack of circuit laps in the cars and that I only got to drive to and from the skid pan / ice hill in the Panny and Caymen.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Radas.Rob

Post by Radas.Rob »

Sorry to hear that, maybe that made them change the format sum.