Bose audio settings

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Salty wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:21 pm My wife's previous 2014 Macan S had Bose but we both think that the Bose in the new GTS is better. I haven't really needed to tweak anything. I think the sound is pretty good. I have surround switched off and that's about it. However the media is not on a lot as the GTS is just run in now and I would rather listen to the sports exhaust!
For the moment I have all the Bose extras off and just 1 level bias to the rear.

MyKingdomForAPorsche

Post by MyKingdomForAPorsche »

For me
Linear on
Surround off
Bass down two notches
Treble up a nadge
I am music sensitive. Use hi-res flacs. The sound is not as good as the Burmester in the 911, but in that car you can't hear a thing once you get going because of the tyre noise. If I could, I'd have Bose in the 911 and Burm in the Macan where you can actually hear and enjoy it.
2018 Macan GTS in Volcano Grey
2014 911 Turbo S cab in Agate Grey
Wilpert

Post by Wilpert »

my Bose settings go like this:

LBC on :)

Ok Im jesting but i do prefer the talk stuff because Im getting rusty in the head.
I set mine in both cars to:
surround on
Fade a bit more in the rear
Bass down a tad
Treble up a tad

edit:
when i listen to music its usually soul or Motown so those settings are more tweaked for that kind of stuff.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

MyKingdomForAPorsche wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 pm For me
Linear on
Surround off
Bass down two notches
Treble up a nadge
I am music sensitive. Use hi-res flacs. The sound is not as good as the Burmester in the 911, but in that car you can't hear a thing once you get going because of the tyre noise. If I could, I'd have Bose in the 911 and Burm in the Macan where you can actually hear and enjoy it.
I had Burm in Macan №1, Bose in №2
Burm night and day better. My only niggling regret on speccing second car was not going Burm.
If I have a №3 I'd go Burm again.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR