Bose audio settings

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

I’ve had my Macan for a year now, and still havent figured out my prefered settings for the Bose audio system. Drives me bonkers!

Other then swapping everything out to upgraded system, anyone found a good balance? Care to share your settings? :)

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Can you remind us of the year of your car.

The Bose system changed at the same time as the standard audio changed, if memory is right that was when the PCM update in mid 2016 happened.

I had to tweak the Bose in my 2015 build SD whereas as it came is great with my Sept 2016 build
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

Col Lamb wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:20 pm Can you remind us of the year of your car.

The Bose system changed at the same time as the standard audio changed, if memory is right that was when the PCM update in mid 2016 happened.

I had to tweak the Bose in my 2015 build SD whereas as it came is great with my Sept 2016 build
Mine was built and delivered June 2017. So upgraded system like yours I assume? PCM has the flush screen. :)
VanB

Post by VanB »

Bose in the 911 is perfect but I think the OPC configured it before delivery. In the Macan it was less than perfect on delivery and, trying to remember settings, it was something like:

Linear off | surround on | tweak fader towards the rear | treble up a notch | bass down a notch

Anyway something like that but might have been linear on and surround off [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

VanB wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm Bose in the 911 is perfect but I think the OPC configured it before delivery. In the Macan it was less than perfect on delivery and, trying to remember settings, it was something like:

Linear off | surround on | tweak fader towards the rear | treble up a notch | bass down a notch

Anyway something like that but might have been linear on and surround off [emoji15]

I think you are spot on if my old grey matter remembers the Bose in my 2015 SD correctly
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

All bass / treble set flat, ‘direct sound’ setting ticked (makes the most difference).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

VanB wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:59 pm Bose in the 911 is perfect but I think the OPC configured it before delivery. In the Macan it was less than perfect on delivery and, trying to remember settings, it was something like:

Will give that a go. Thanks!
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Definitely linear on. Surround to your choice (it isn’t mine).
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
VanB

Post by VanB »

As I said couldn’t remember which way round it was but definitely too bassy in standard setup

Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Salty

Post by Salty »

My wife's previous 2014 Macan S had Bose but we both think that the Bose in the new GTS is better. I haven't really needed to tweak anything. I think the sound is pretty good. I have surround switched off and that's about it. However the media is not on a lot as the GTS is just run in now and I would rather listen to the sports exhaust!
987 Boxster S (sold
987 Boxster S (sold)
White Macan S Petrol, (sold)
Rhodium Silver metallic Macan GTS (sold)
Aqua Blue 981 Boxster S (sold)
Midnight Blue 718 Boxster GTS (sold)
GT metallic silver 911 992 Carrera S (sold)
Carmine Red Boxster 981 GTS