Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
User avatar
Wing Commander
Posts: 14824
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:43 pm
Location: Swindon

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Wing Commander » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am

^^^ I think you need a 3rd opinion! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCIIPK4

User avatar
Paul
Posts: 8542
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:19 pm
Location: Bristol
Contact:

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Paul » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 am

And some dealerships do incentivise technicians on “up-sell”.......just saying😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465

User avatar
Guy
Posts: 1971
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Buckinghamshire

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Guy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:49 am

Wing Commander wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:41 am
^^^ I think you need a 3rd opinion! ;)
+1. Here's a cheap and effective way to get one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Giss-25-50mm ... Swzf5bcv-w

User avatar
Nosmo
Posts: 2154
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 am

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Nosmo » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:41 pm

Paul wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:58 am
And some dealerships do incentivise technicians on “up-sell”.......just saying😉
That's how the seat base on the GTS got swapped out completely unnecessarily. It made me laugh though.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

User avatar
RickZ
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by RickZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm

I've had my first Porsche a Macan 2.0 for 3 weeks, there's one thing for sure Porsche charges are an absolute rip off. I'll be moving to another presige brand before my warranty expires. Unfortunately they'll keep ripping owners off whilst they keep selling plenty of cars and owners accept their hugely over inflated pricing especially hourly workshop rates.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

pmg
Posts: 835
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:31 pm

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by pmg » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm

RickZ wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm
I've had my first Porsche a Macan 2.0 for 3 weeks, there's one thing for sure Porsche charges are an absolute rip off. I'll be moving to another presige brand before my warranty expires. Unfortunately they'll keep ripping owners off whilst they keep selling plenty of cars and owners accept their hugely over inflated pricing especially hourly workshop rates.
If you ultimately like the car but not OPC upkeep costs, there is always one of the many excellent Porsche independent specialists
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

User avatar
RickZ
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by RickZ » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm

pmg wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:12 pm
RickZ wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:48 pm
I've had my first Porsche a Macan 2.0 for 3 weeks, there's one thing for sure Porsche charges are an absolute rip off. I'll be moving to another presige brand before my warranty expires. Unfortunately they'll keep ripping owners off whilst they keep selling plenty of cars and owners accept their hugely over inflated pricing especially hourly workshop rates.
If you ultimately like the car but not OPC upkeep costs, there is always one of the many excellent Porsche independent specialists
By law in the UK a vehicle warranty can't be affected by the owner having work completed by a tax registered garage using original parts and fluids recommended by the manufacture. In reality I've read reports of owners experiencing problems with warranty claims after a vehicle has been serviced by an independent with the sticking point being the correct parts may have been used but the service wasn't completed in accordance with the manufacturers requirements. I don't know how they prove this. Also there's suggestion a Porsche with an OPC history sells better and for a higher price than a Porsche with a non OPC history. It seems that Porsche have us by the short and curlies. The OP quotes the extortionate OPC charges for replacement discs and pads, the same work on an Audi SQ5 completed by an Audi franchise is significantly cheaper, why is that when the parts are very similar.
Vulcano Grey 2019 Macan 2.0
White 2017 Macan 2.0 returned to OPC for full refund
Blue 2017 Audi SQ5 sold
White 2016 Merc GLC Coup Premium Plus sold
Grey 2015 Audi S5 cabrio sold
White 2014 Audi SQ5 diesel sold

Fairynuff
Posts: 394
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Fairynuff » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 pm

RickZ wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:35 pm
The OP quotes the extortionate OPC charges for replacement discs and pads, the same work on an Audi SQ5 completed by an Audi franchise is significantly cheaper, why is that when the parts are very similar.
Why - because they can; the question is why can they and the answer is because we/you all roll over so easily and accept it as par.

User avatar
Comfortably Numb
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Comfortably Numb » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:01 am

Got quoted about £1200 by dealer.
Did it myself over the last couple of weeks with Brembo Pads all round Brembo disks on the back and Delphi disks on the front circa £300 the lot, plus new front caliper bolts from the dealer at £16.
It was far easier than I thought it would be with the number one thing to do is ensure a rust free face that the disk mates against. Pretty chuffed bout how much I've saved as the car just had a service with PDK oil change and was feeling a bit tired of shelling out far too much money on it.

Rears
1. 09.B969.11 Brake Disc 2 £ 36,72 £ 73,44
2. P 85 150 Brake Pad Set, disc brake 1 £ 38,85 £ 38,85 comes with sensor and screws

Fronts
1. BG9331C Brake Disc 1 £ 43,78 £ 43,78 left
2. BG9332C Brake Disc 1 £ 43,78 £ 43,78 right
3. 407W0128 Warning Contact pad wear 1 £ 2,16 £ 2,16 two are needed but I already had one.
4. YT-17002 Jack 1 £ 19,38 £ 19,38 bought an additional jack
5. HT1S794 Socket 1 £ 2,58 £ 2,58 socket to remove disk screw
6. P 65 033 Brake Pad Set, disc brake 1 £ 87,98 £ 87,98
7. OK-01.2841 Socket 1 £ 3,14 £ 3,14 socket to remove caliper

Car at 49,800 miles so will keep an eye to see how long this lot last.

User avatar
Guy
Posts: 1971
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 am
Location: Buckinghamshire

Re: Macan S Diesel - Brake & Disc Costs??

Post by Guy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:26 am

^ Impressive work, and a very good saving over OPC!

Did you need iCarsoft or similar to retract the parking brake, or did you use a manual workaround?

Hopefully there will be more 'DIY' posts on the forum as the cars get older.

Post Reply