Supply issues with collapsible spare wheel

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
tallet

Post by tallet »

And rather than the factory maybe sending a note to my dealer explaining this, they just sent the car with no spare, even though it was on my order, no explanation. When my dealer phoned Germany to ask where it was (after I noticed on handover, not them) they said they had supply issues. Anyone else has the same?

Very frustrated as I'm driving to Scotland tonmorrow and I don't want to be stranded if I get a flat! Fallen foul of that before hence why I said I would never have a car again without a spare. So they have put one on order for me but with no idea of when it might arrive.
Turbo delivered 11 August.

Mutt & Jeff

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

That's a bit poor!
Did they at least supply you with the standard fit comp and can of goo?
My Other Car's A SKODA!
Deezel

Post by Deezel »

Front and rear are different? So you would want 2x standards......
S Diesel in 2015!
Mutt & Jeff

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

Not standard wheels...standard fit compressor and tyre sealing compound...when you order the collapsible spare these items are replaced...so I'm asking if they at least included these items. They are no substitute for a spare...but better than nothing.
My Other Car's A SKODA!
Deezel

Post by Deezel »

Gotchya..... but you end up having to replace the tyre once the goo has been used I believe. Would they cough up for this as well???? Evil Smile
S Diesel in 2015!
Gefrin

Post by Gefrin »

When I collected my second Macan on 2 August, like Tallet there was no collapsable spare wheel even though this had been specified and paid for. Fortunately I was able to take the collapsable spare from the Macan I was trading in. The compressor had been supplied.
macanjack

Post by macanjack »

None with mine either, just a refund for the amount I paid
Mutt & Jeff

Post by Mutt & Jeff »

I note that there are now 2 versions of the spare available on the config....the original 18 inch and also now a 19 inch (which seems a bit odd as they are both space savers?). I wonder if both are in short supply?
My Other Car's A SKODA!
tallet

Post by tallet »

I've not even checked if there is a can of goo! I assumed there was but maybe not. I've tried the goo 3 times before and it has never been successful.
Turbo delivered 11 August.
Gleneagles

Post by Gleneagles »

19" replacement is not for standard wheels and tyres.
I can't remember exactly what you have to have to order a 19" spare but it was a stupidly expensive option!!
Macan S Diesel on order May 13th 2014
www.porsche-code.com/PFUPJFF9
Delivered 29/04/2015