New Macan GTS - Comfort Entry Issue?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

After a long wait we finally collected our new SB Macan GTS from Porsche Silverstone on Saturday, big thanks to Mac Young for being so accommodating with us, I would defiantly recommend him at Silverstone.

Loving the car so far however we are stumped by the comfort entry.

We have standard GTS 8 Way seats with memory package with my settings saved to '1' and the missus to '2'.

When I unlock the car with my key the seat does not move back, same with when the ignition is turned off.

The missus unlocks with her key and the seat moved from my position to a different one, it then wouldnt move back when she turned the ignition off.

We have Auto Memory enabled in the vehicle settings but still no joy. I'd liek the seats to move back so we dont have to rub against the bolsters to get in. Any ideas?

Thanks

Col M

Post by Col M »

Surely you should each save the position to the key button?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Correct both keys have our settings saved to them which works fine. i unlock with my key seat moves to my position and vice versa.

My understanding though is the seat should move all the way back upon entry and move back to your saved setting again, this is not happening.
Col M

Post by Col M »

Dare I ask if you also have Comfort Entry selected in the Door Lock options. This is the option that has the seat move fully back and steering wheel up, to ease exit.
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

I dont have comfort entry option in the settings, just Auto Memory.

By the way I dont have keyless entry, which i'm now thinking is needed for the comfort entry function?
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

I thought that comfort entry only came with the 14 way or 18 way seats. I have 18 way seats, no keyless entry, and I have comfort entry,
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Col M

Post by Col M »

Yes it comes with the seat option... which also gives the electronic steering wheel adjustment.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Gonzo0 - you have it the wrong way round, the seat and wheel move back to assist you to exit the car, not when you unlock it.

From the manual:

Switching Comfort Entry on and off

VEHICLE/SETTINGS/LOCKING/COMFORT ENTRY

When this function is activated, the driver's seat moves back and the steering wheel moves up to make it easier to get in and out of the vehicle.

and

Using the Comfort Entry function

The Comfort Entry function makes it easier for you to get in and out of the vehicle.

Please see chapter "Switching Comfort Entry on and off" on page 319.
Automatic adjustment of the driver's seat
If persons or animals are behind the seat when the driver's seat is automatically adjusted, they may become trapped.

Switch off the Comfort Entry function if there is a person behind the driver seat.

Risk of damage if the rear seat is folded forward when settings are retrieved.
The seat could move back and become damaged.

Switch off the Comfort Entry function if the rear seat is folded forward.
When exiting the vehicle

Function activated.
Vehicles without Porsche Entry & Drive:

Remove vehicle key.
The steering wheel moves upward.
Open the driver’s door.
The driver's seat moves backward.
Vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive:

Switch off the ignition and open the driver's door.
The steering wheel moves upward.
The driver's seat moves backward.
When entering the vehicle

Function activated.
The driver's seat and steering wheel are in their Easy Entry positions.
Close the driver's door and insert the vehicle key or, in the case of vehicles with Porsche Entry & Drive, switch on the ignition.
The driver's seat and steering wheel move to the stored position.
Information
When the key is changed, the seat and steering wheel move to the entry position stored on the key (if the “Auto memory” function is activated).

Please see chapter "Personal Settings" on page 207.
Information
Altering the seat setting manually interrupts the Comfort Entry function.

Set the seat position manually.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Paul

Post by Paul »

You don’t get comfort entry with the Standard GTS 8 wat seats even if you have the driver memory pack.
For comfort entry (including electric adjustment on the steering column) you need 14 or 18 way seats.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
andreas

Post by andreas »

Paul wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm You don’t get comfort entry with the Standard GTS 8 wat seats even if you have the driver memory pack.
For comfort entry (including electric adjustment on the steering column) you need 14 or 18 way seats.
Yes, I think that's correct. I have the 18-way seats and Comfort Entry works fine.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)