Macans in Jersey Channel Islands

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

On holiday in Jersey this week. Beautiful weather but the thing that hits me is the number of Macans here. The dealer must get a mega allocation. Do remember noticing on other visits the number of elderly Cayenne’s on the road so guess all the drivers have updated.

Hardly any diesels given mileage will be low and a lot of low speed driving. Plenty of Turbos and GTS.

I’m driving a Hertz Fiesta 1.0 100ps which is not bad at all. Requested an automatic to save a lot of gear changing and it’s been great.

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If there are any SDs they will probably be off road with DPF issues.

Hardly worthwhile having a Macan or any premium car on an Island with a maximum 40 mph speed limit.

Fiesta is the perfect size, it is what we hired when on holiday there.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

So many big cars here Col, guess people have money and buy what they want. Loads of 911 as well and Aston’s.

In previous years we hired an S Max as my parents came with us, this year it’s just my wife and kids so the Fiesta is perfect.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

I vaguely remember Jersey having the highest density of Porsche’s per head of anywhere in Europe. Back in the 70s or 80s.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:17 pm
Hardly worthwhile having a Macan or any premium car on an Island with a maximum 40 mph speed limit.
Sorry for going off topic but the most Ferraris I ever saw in one place was in Hong Kong which also has a 40 mph speed limit. In the late nineties, most of the Mercedes S Classes (the W140 tank) were S600 because the rich folk liked the V12 badge on the C pillar. If you've got it flaunt it as the old saying goes. ;)
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Out tonight driving about 10 miles and saw another 5 Macans.

Also every Mini seems to be minimum a Cooper S but mostly John Cooper Works.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 pm
Sorry for going off topic but the most Ferraris I ever saw in one place was in Hong Kong which also has a 40 mph speed limit. In the late nineties, most of the Mercedes S Classes (the W140 tank) were S600 because the rich folk liked the V12 badge on the C pillar. If you've got it flaunt it as the old saying goes. ;)
They certainly were doing far more than 40 mph when we were in Hong Kong.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:30 pm
On-Track wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:36 pm
They certainly were doing far more than 40 mph when we were in Hong Kong.
The time I was referring to was before the handover. I haven't been back to Hong Kong since 2006 so things may well have changed.

In fact having checked on line today, it seems that there are now expressways with a higher limit. Expressways did not exist in Hong Kong until after the opening of Chek Lap Kok airport.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel