Electronic Parking Brake & No Dash Instrument Audio

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Bruce K

Post by Bruce K »

Mine is a 65 plate Macan S Diesel PDK, I have experienced 2 issues in just over 2 years of ownership , the first was the electronic parking break had applied itself after a 10 mile journey and refused to release but eventually after many tries to get it to release I was successful, I then reported it to my OPC they said they had never experienced this, cut a long story short my OPC eventually replaced the transfer box. Many 1000's of miles later it did it again returned to OPC "no fault found", I carried on & the next time it occurred I video'd it from the drivers perspective, still no fault found. Has anybody experienced this?
Second; I got a dash warning no instrument audio, I lost trafficator/parking scensors/ lights on warning, retained all the visual indications, I sent my OPC photographic evidence, again "never experienced this before", booked in several weeks forward and just before I took it in warning disappeared and audio started working, nothing stored in the vehicles fault recording system! Again anyone experienced this?
I really enjoy the my Macan and sympathise with my OPC as I spent most of my working life running a New Car dealership and Know how difficult these situations can be to resolve - It wasn't a Porsche Cenrtre!

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

The trouble with the parking brake is there are various things that make it come on. I recently discovered that opening the drivers door automatically activates the brake. If the auto start/stop has stopped the engine you have to move to park or neutral to get that started again. And then manually remove the brake. All because I opened the door and looked to see how close I was to a white line. I am digressing here, but my point is that something seemingly unrelated like a sensor telling it that the driver’s door is open could be the root of the problem. And that would not show as a fault.