New Porsche Macan Revealed

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:33 pm
johnd wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:54 am
On-Track wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:26 am There was an article on the Motor 1.com site saying that for Europe the 2L engine would remain at 245hp ...
Well, more specifically, what it actually says is: 'the 2.0-litre four-cylinder Macan will soldier on with 252 brake horsepower [in the US, presumably], but in Europe, it will be downgraded a little bit to 245 bhp in order to meet the more stringent Euro 6d-TEMP regulations.'
What is puzzling about the report is that fundamentally the same engine in the VW Golf R produces 296hp when compliant with the latest regs (306hp before). Whilst they may not want exactly the same output in the Macan, I would have thought they could have avoided any downrating.

The only time we will really know what's going on is when Porsche formally announce the engines for the Europe/UK market.
Just the same happened with the Audi oil burner, 330bhp in the SQ5 yet only 256bhp in the Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

65 Rob

Post by 65 Rob »

The 2.0ltr in the Cayman / Boxster puts out 300hp, why hasn’t that been dropped into the Macan or does the latest Euro 6 reg’s prevent it?
Macan SD, Jet Black Metallic, Panoramic Roof, 21” Turbo’s, PASM, Bose, 14 way Comfort Seats, PDLS + a few other bits.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

65 Rob wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 pm The 2.0ltr in the Cayman / Boxster puts out 300hp, why hasn’t that been dropped into the Macan or does the latest Euro 6 reg’s prevent it?

As mentioned above, two reasons I think:

* They don’t want the performance of the 2.0 to be too close to the 3.0 models, which are more profitable per unit for Porsche.
* The 2.0 is largely for Asian markets, which may be (even) more concerned about emissions etc than we are.
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col M

Post by Col M »

Interesting find/link on the US forum for an Indian Dealership

https://www.porschecentregurgaon.in

A Macan with the Panamera 2.9 hybrid... probably have to skip the batteries for lack of space, though.
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col M wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:17 pm Interesting find/link on the US forum for an Indian Dealership

https://www.porschecentregurgaon.in

A Macan with the Panamera 2.9 hybrid... probably have to skip the batteries for lack of space, though.
“We at Porsche Centre Gurgaon actively seek to stretch boundaries...” of the truth?
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

My SE (Bristol) suggests the 2.0L will have a significant power hike:

"There is a bit of news on Gen II Macan that I wanted to share with you.

The 2.0 petrol will be the first models built in September and deliveries will start from mid-November onwards. This later 2.0 will have 300bhp – a car I am very excited to try when it arrives. Almost 50bhp more than the current car.

The 3.0 S will be built later this year and deliveries are expected early 2019. No news given on GTS and Turbo models."

This info was dated 11th July.
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

derekm wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:43 pm My SE (Bristol) suggests the 2.0L will have a significant power hike:

"There is a bit of news on Gen II Macan that I wanted to share with you.

The 2.0 petrol will be the first models built in September and deliveries will start from mid-November onwards. This later 2.0 will have 300bhp – a car I am very excited to try when it arrives. Almost 50bhp more than the current car.

The 3.0 S will be built later this year and deliveries are expected early 2019. No news given on GTS and Turbo models."

This info was dated 11th July.
Do we assume from this that the S, GTS and Turbo will all have a relative increase in order to maintain the previous healthy differential?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Had long phone conversation with an SE this afternoon. The dealer believes the launch will be Paris which opens 4 October. If that’s the case I don’t see OPCs having any prior info.

I also read the June Autocar test of the pre-launch models. Their opinion, having driven the various derivatives and for what its worth, is that there’s very little difference between the S and the GTS except for the badge bragging rights. That of course remains to be seen. But they did talk of the Panny unit giving times +/- equivalent to the current GTS and a modest relative increase for both GTS and Turbo when they arrive. And a lot of extra options!?

OPC had no info re engines but agreed that the emissions ceiling was key and that the 2.9 Panny unit would fit.

OPCs are now taking Letters of Intent with a £1K deposit, which is a new departure, with the £2K balance due at point of order.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Just been told that the new model will see a price increase of just 2%.

This of course includes new standard elements eg LEDs, Connect, etc.

Also that dealers will be getting a clutch of 2ltr examples with the unit from the Golf GTI late October or November.

Will be interesting to see how that performs v the new 3ltr engine.

And confirmed that Spyders will now be 21s. Some new design/s to fill the 20” void.

Also cars will be slightly lighter.
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

So more trim removed from the engine bay then.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊