Old v New side by side

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
amac

Post by amac »

It is hard to see any real improvement - just change for change's sake. No doubt motivated by a desire to make the older models look slightly dated.

As for the interior it seems a completely wasted opportunity. So much needs doing it is hard to know where to start.

At the very least I would have expected an LED instrument display that could multitask on demand (e.g. switch to Sat Nav like the Audi TT etc). As the car is primarily an automatic one really has to wonder about the obsession with the rev counter for day to day driving. Likewise, the idea of taking one’s eyes of the road to look down and towards the right to see where one is supposed to be going on the Sat Nav is not just inconvenient it borders on being dangerous.

And the central push button panel on either side of the gear lever must be one of the least ergonomic designs ever to have been put in a car. I have had the car three years and still have to look to find the right button for Sport mode or to change the suspension settings. And the hazard lights switch is hidden behind the gear lever - just where you need it in an emergency or when traffic has suddenly stopped on a motorway. As for the roof binnacle I defy anyone to press the right button without looking carefully or in the dark.

Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Time to change and get a Volvo?
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

If you really think that the Chinese price is indicative of Euro spec/pricing, let alone UK, i suspect you will be bitterly disappointed..........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Kelly's Heroes

Post by Kelly's Heroes »

When will this be available to order in the UK? And what are the lead times?
Looking at ordering 2019 model Macan http://www.porsche-code.com/PKYUKIB8
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Kelly's Heroes wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:35 pm When will this be available to order in the UK? And what are the lead times?
My OPC have told me September with initial orders being delivered approx end of March 19 - subject to any limits imposed by national allocation.

With compliance to new WLTP regs kicking in the above still remains to be seen
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀