Accident

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pokers

Post by Pokers »

Thanks for all the replies.

After much consideration, I've decided to go down the accident management company route. The main reason for this being this should hopefully take as much hassle out of this process as possible, particularly as I will be going down Porsche approved repairer route, which won't be as straight forward through the insurance company directly.

Of course the indroduction of these companies is contributing to the increase in insurance premiums, but as is insisting on going through dealer approved repairers! However, this situation happened from no fault of my own, and therefore believe its reasonable that the repair gets done properly and with minimal effort from myself!

Thanks again

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Similar story Pokers. My baby took a hit last year and I reported it to insurance company and also contacted OPC (Dick Lovett) just with a view together a quote. They immediately referred my to an accident management company who then did all the liaison etc. The repair was then directed to DL’s body shop in Swindon.

All went very smoothly. Except that Swindon missed a few small things. This was reported to the AMC and they were happy for it to be sorted by Tewkesbury OPC.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Pokers

Post by Pokers »

Thanks Dandock, that's good to know.
Taz

Post by Taz »

I have had one experience with an accident management company, which has put me off them. I had a Volvo V70 which someone ran into the back of. The insurance company was happy for me to take the car to the local dealer for repair. The dealer put me in touch with Accident Exchange and it all (initially) went very smoothly.

But after everything had been done and I had my own car back the insurance company said that they had not authorised the use of Accident Exchange who were seeking reimbursement of their invoice which was over 100% higher than would normally be charged.

It turned out that Accident Exchange were being promoted by the Volvo dealer, but in the small print (which I had not read) it was my responsibility to get the permission of the insurance company to use. When I signed the papers (which was when they delivered the temporary hire car) I was signing to say that I had the permission of my insurance company.

It got very ugly for four weeks but ultimately the insurance company paid the bill .... and then put the following year’s premium at a ridiculously high level.
So when is this ‘old enough to know better’ supposed to kick in ?

Cayenne GTS - Mar 2022
Cayenne S - Aug 2019 to Mar 2022
Macan Turbo - Feb 2018 to Aug 2019
Cayenne S - Apr 2015 to Feb 2018
Cayenne - Jul 2013 - Apr 2015
BMW R1250GS - since Dec 2021
boreas7

Post by boreas7 »

The most important aspect so far as I can see, is to go, as already said, to a Porsche approved repairer. I had a bump involving the front ' bumper, grille and sidelights' and was directed to the Saga approved bodyshop. They collect, give you a loan car and deliver your car back to you.

As the car is a member of the family, I went to see the bodyshop and now know why they collect and deliver, I wouldn't put a lawnmower in there for attention. let alone a decent car.

I went to SL Restorations Crawley, the local, approved by Porsche repairer, and the whole experience was vastly different. I just stood my ground with Saga and insisted the car went to SL Restorations and after a short battle, won the day. The repair was nothing short of superb and the repair is indistinguishable from new, and this is from one who has a very keen eye for spotting accident repairs. The cost was only marginally higher than the yob garage my insurer wanted me to go to.

Stay firm, its important !
jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I think the big difference with using accident repair managers is if it's the other persons insurance then use them, if it's your own then deal direct. I had an almost exactly the same incident with a very small amount of cosmetic damage by the other driver and their insurer was a total pain in the ass, I ended up having to go to court to get them to pay - would you believe they were arguing over about £150 for almost a year!

James
Tall Phil

Post by Tall Phil »

jesim1 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:30 am I think the big difference with using accident repair managers is if it's the other persons insurance then use them, if it's your own then deal direct. I had an almost exactly the same incident with a very small amount of cosmetic damage by the other driver and their insurer was a total pain in the ass, I ended up having to go to court to get them to pay - would you believe they were arguing over about £150 for almost a year!

James
And this is exactly the reason why you should use them. Irrespective of the fact they directly cause the increase of our own premiums and what you may personally feel about them, you are putting yourself at a huge disadvantage if you do not use them. Especially if the other person does use them or the insurance company, being claimed against, plays silly bug**rs.

Even if you do consider them to be a parasitic entity, you could say that they wouldn't even exist if the insurance companies did their correct job in the first place. After all, we pay our premiums to the insurance companies, we should expect them to do a good job. But they don't, hence the gap in the marketplace for the independent accident managers.

Small rant over :D Just IMHO of course ;)

PS. If my English teacher was still alive he would clip me round the ear for starting sentences with "and" and "but". :lol:
GTS \o/ - sold :(
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I used an accident management company after I was hit by a car. Unfortunately it was captured on CCTV.
https://youtu.be/np4oKI2Yzhw

I didn’t get much.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

:lol:
Bazza06 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 pm I used an accident management company after I was hit by a car. Unfortunately it was captured on CCTV.

I didn’t get much.
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Bazza06 wrote: Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:59 pm I used an accident management company after I was hit by a car. Unfortunately it was captured on CCTV.

I didn’t get much.
Funny.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)