Accident

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Pokers

Post by Pokers »

I'm after a bit of advice: at the weekend I was parked in a car park, and somebody left their had break off, which resulted in the car rolling back into mine. Damage looks to be small (broken light and cracked bumper), but clearly going to still get this repaired.

It's been reported to my insurance company, and after that I phoned the porsche garage to arrange an inspection. At this point they (Dick Lovett) put me in contact with an accident management company.

So question is do people have experience of these, and what route would people go down - accident management company vs. Direct with insurance?

Thanks for any advice!

Semerka

Post by Semerka »

I consider accident management companies as another new way of making money out of our insurance premiums.
It sounds like a simple affair, so I would deal with it direct, no middle men.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Direct for me too. Avoid the vultures who cause all our premiums to rise. Likewise you should not have any hassle due to someone else’s error so understandable if you want to use their services but for me I would go alone and see how it goes.
Paul

Post by Paul »

The advantage with an accident management compay is that they will provide you with a like for like loan car for the entire period and they'll collect and deliver (probably on a trailor) your car - you’ll get just a bodyshop courtesy car and only when yours in actually in for repair otherwise. They’ll also fight for your excess which otherwise you’d probably gave to stump up first and then claim back yourself.
It depend on how much time and energy you want to devote to something which wasn't your fault!
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Firstmacan

Post by Firstmacan »

Agree with above.
You are paying for insurance for just this type if scenario, so use them.
Arrived July 2023 - S, Silver.
Arrived April 2019- S Petrol in Sapphire Blue & 21” Spiders. Sold
Arrived April 15 -diesel S, Agate grey & 20 “ spiders. Sold
Guy

Post by Guy »

The accident management company will be asking whether you had whiplash … :roll:
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Paul wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:32 am The advantage with an accident management compay is that they will provide you with a like for like loan car for the entire period and they'll collect and deliver (probably on a trailor) your car - you’ll get just a bodyshop courtesy car and only when yours in actually in for repair otherwise. They’ll also fight for your excess which otherwise you’d probably gave to stump up first and then claim back yourself.
It depend on how much time and energy you want to devote to something which wasn't your fault!
Totally agree with Paul. In the past we had a school bus damage our parked Merc SLK bumper while in a college car park. The bus driver admitted it was his fault, but then his company denied it! despite witnesses!! The accident management company that our Merc dealer recommended sorted everything out in just the way that Paul describes, delivered a CLK convertible V6 loan car and trailered our car to the Merc approved body shop. It did not cost us a penny; no excess or loss of no claims insurance bonus either.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

How do these accident management companies earn their money? Out of who's pocket does it come out?

The answer might lie in this thread's title:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7770

:lol: :lol: :lol:

To be honest, after whiplash claims, I think that the loan car scheme is the biggest scam. ;)
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Avoid accident management companies unless Dick Lovett can provide assurance they are reputable. Very often they are a nightmare. The sharks are responsible for our premiums being higher than they should be.

If your insurance company is any good then you should be able to deal direct.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Spud

Post by Spud »

Pokers wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:19 am I'm after a bit of advice: at the weekend I was parked in a car park, and somebody left their had break off, which resulted in the car rolling back into mine. Damage looks to be small (broken light and cracked bumper), but clearly going to still get this repaired.

It's been reported to my insurance company, and after that I phoned the porsche garage to arrange an inspection. At this point they (Dick Lovett) put me in contact with an accident management company.

So question is do people have experience of these, and what route would people go down - accident management company vs. Direct with insurance?

Thanks for any advice!
Which ever route you go insist the repair is carried out by a Porsche approved repairer not one your insurance company picks
GTS Delivered April 2018
WWW.porsche-code.com/PJKSBKF1