Nav girl pronunciation

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Heidi the nav girl causes us constant amusement. Today we had the Pam Ayers-ish Aarrks-ford (Oxford) and Whaart-ford (Watford). And confusingly a mention of somewhere called Ring-ROAD!

What other oddities have been experienced?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

Col M

Post by Col M »

Yep I love Whaartford no-one has yet to teach her abbreviations. Gee Tee Dunmow or Downham Mm Katie
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
rydercowan

Post by rydercowan »

My favourite is Way-eece - for Wales - when joining the M4 westbound from Bath. To be fair, Wales is mis-spelt in the system as Waies.
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

My Mercedes lady insists on saying M40 T-O-L-L when I’m up that way
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

When we drive to the Czech Republic, it's lucky we know the place names, haha! You could not have guessed it from the Heidi's pronunciation.

The way she pronounces the name of our road in the village is also funny. It's Merebank, but she goes Mehrehbunk.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Semerka wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 am When we drive to the Czech Republic, it's lucky we know the place names, haha! You could not have guessed it from the Heidi's pronunciation.

The way she pronounces the name of our road in the village is also funny. It's Merebank, but she goes Mehrehbunk.
😂😂
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col M

Post by Col M »

Well I'm yet to hear her Welsh pronunciation 😁
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble