Windscreen marks

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Just wondering if anyone has the same issue with a replacement windscreen? I have just had the front screen replaced by OPC Cambridge and have noticed two large rings in the window when I got home, have tried to clean and polish these off but no joy.
Taken it back to main dealers , they have changed the screen again and found that the new glass has also got the sucker rings in the screen, they have polished this and even used cutting compound to try and polish them out with no joy.
£1400 and two screen with no outcome how to resolve this issue. Not exactly happy at the minute.
They have logged this with Porsche technical and awaiting a reply have any other members came across this when the windscreen has been replaced ?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLKU4L5

Col M

Post by Col M »

Isopropyl alcohol did the trick
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
VanB

Post by VanB »

Second that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Colscot

Post by Colscot »

Hi I fit Windows and doors every day some with safety glass toughened others laminated often using suckers to lift never had to polish out rings I use solvent cleaner most disappear several days later. Hope this helps
Colin
Crawford

Post by Crawford »

Thanks for the replies , I shall tell the dealership tomorrow and see how they go :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHLKU4L5
Col M

Post by Col M »

Colscot wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 pm Hi I fit Windows and doors every day some with safety glass toughened others laminated often using suckers to lift never had to polish out rings I use solvent cleaner most disappear several days later. Hope this helps
Colin
Are we all called Colin?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

G-technic do an excellent glass cleaner which may help or you could try a clay bar. Sounds as if the laminate may have migrated to the glass when the vacuum was applied to the screen.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.