Effortless

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 pm If you folks are whinging, sorry, adding constructive comments on the state of the interior then I had better not show you what the outside looks like.

Needless to say we went up to Scotland in a monsoon and had to park on a field where earlier in the week it had been muck spreading time, coupled with the fact that the journey home was via some very dusty Lancastrian back lanes so I can forgive my Macan for looking a bit ruffled and neglected.

All being well tomorrow it is going to get pampered........ honest
Oh shit Col, ;) but all's well that ends well :D
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Groan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

You were lucky to make it Col. When I first had my Turbo and I was coming to the end of the first tankful I had been planning to fill up the next day but went out on an unexpected trip the previous evening. All Ok I thought, as it was about 25 miles and I had 35 miles range left according to the MFD. Shock horror when I was still about five miles from home, and fuel available, the range indicator collapsed to zero! Those five miles felt very long indeed as I tried to drive without touching the throttle! It was a great relief when we rolled onto the forecourt.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:38 pm If you folks are whinging, sorry, adding constructive comments on the state of the interior then I had better not show you what the outside looks like.

Needless to say we went up to Scotland in a monsoon and had to park on a field where earlier in the week it had been muck spreading time, coupled with the fact that the journey home was via some very dusty Lancastrian back lanes so I can forgive my Macan for looking a bit ruffled and neglected.

All being well tomorrow it is going to get pampered........ honest
:lol:

Must agree with you though that motorway services are a rip off with regards to fuel and the rest of the products they offer. Only the toilets are a good value. ;)

So, as you say, best is to set off on a long journey wtih a full tank.
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

I thought it was only EV owners that were supposed to have range anxiety!
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Any chance anybody on here can post how far past 0 miles their car can travel?! I did it in a Golf GTi once and got, I think, around 10-15 miles - straight to the petrol station though but, nonetheless, it was reading 0 and I was still pootling along!
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 pm Need to clean the interior, far too much dust in that pic :lol:
My thoughts exactly :D

Then again, we didn't see a `journey start` photo which I'm sure will show a spotless console.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Wrong post...
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
happy days

Post by happy days »

Ah, the old petrol station roulette. Great fun that one!

I believe that the miles left is understated.
Macan S D
718 S
Tom 2000

Post by Tom 2000 »

Having squeezed in 70l when showing zero range it appears there may be a margin of error. It’s not recommended though.
Macan SD Vocano Grey. LEDs, Pano Roof, PSE, Sports Chrono, PASM, Sports Design Mirrors, 21" Sports Classics in Black, lots of other extras.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ2XHAR5 for the day that this works again.

987 Boxster 2.7 (2006)