For those that love a click-bate:

https://www.whatcar.com/news/mercedes-a ... e=20180824

Don't let it spoil your Bank Holiday though! :) :o :roll:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Does show that the Macans looks are starting to be a bit dated.

Stick a stonking powerful V8 under the bonnet and its a recipe for great straight line performance.

When the article commented on the lack of support in the seats of the TPP then showed images of the fitted 14 ways credibility of the writer went out the window.

No matter what the performance is the cheap and tacky Merc interiors makes the GLC a no go area for me.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Miopyk

Post by Miopyk »

Interesting that the Macan now only warrants 3 stars and that they've tested a car you can no longer buy new. I've no doubt the current Macan will always loose out on space comparisons as it always has but for those that have bought one I doubt that was top on our list of requirements. It will also be interesting to see if the result remains the same when the .2 Macan TPP comes out.
Current
  • Guards Red 981 Cayman
    GT Silver 718 Boxster 25
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

What Car (rag) has always given the Macan three stars. They appear to employ the most un 'car' journalists out there. Loads of glaring errors in most of their articles. It is the magazine that puts 'muttering rotters' into the lexicon of the 'motoring writers'.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'