New Macan UK spec for first cars - November delivery

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Kelly's Heroes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 am I'm going to see my OPC next week about this at Cheshire Oaks. I was under the impression you could not order before end of September. I need to put a deposit down ASAP to get one by November.

Can you post up the related specs
Classic, Sport, Design and Premium?

Need LEDs. 21 Black Sport Classic Wheels and Black Roof rails. Everything else a bonus.
I suggest you take a Letter of Intent with you and give it to your OPC.

From previous posts it sounds like only a base would be available for you within a November timeframe.

If this is the variant that you are interested in if you have not already done so can I suggest that you have back to back drives of a base and S. I am not a fan of the base Macan, the one I had for 1/2 a day was gutless and it failed to out drag a Beamer 1 series but as a town car, and second family car it would be OK but only just.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Guy

Post by Guy »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:48 am
Kelly's Heroes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:23 am I'm going to see my OPC next week about this at Cheshire Oaks. I was under the impression you could not order before end of September. I need to put a deposit down ASAP to get one by November.

Can you post up the related specs
Classic, Sport, Design and Premium?

Need LEDs. 21 Black Sport Classic Wheels and Black Roof rails. Everything else a bonus.
I suggest you take a Letter of Intent with you and give it to your OPC.

From previous posts it sounds like only a base would be available for you within a November timeframe.

If this is the variant that you are interested in if you have not already done so can I suggest that you have back to back drives of a base and S. I am not a fan of the base Macan, the one I had for 1/2 a day was gutless and it failed to out drag a Beamer 1 series but as a town car, and second family car it would be OK but only just.
+1. But if 'failing to out drag a Beamer 1 series' is important to you, then I suggest that you look for a more upmarket 'Beamer' ;)
Kelly's Heroes

Post by Kelly's Heroes »

Base spec new engine 2.0 with 300 bhp got a really favourable review in early testing.

"It’s a different matter with the engines. Regrettably I’d never driven a four-cylinder Macan before but I’d like to again because, contrary to expectations, it works really well".

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new- ... reshed-suv

Tbh it's mainly used for school runs, taking kids to various activities locally. So having something a bit 'underpowered' wouldn't really bother me day to day. If that's offset by lower tax and insurance, and of course better fuel economy.
Looking at ordering 2019 model Macan http://www.porsche-code.com/PKYUKIB8
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Paul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Dandock wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:39 pm With the base increase of just 2% and Nav, LEDs and Conbect now standard it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I do like the Crayon, though. 🤭
aka Primer 😂
Think of the weight saving! 🤓
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Kelly's Heroes

Post by Kelly's Heroes »

So my dealer confirmed the packages mentioned above... Really annoyed as it seems to ommit the 21 Sports Classic Alloys and forces you to have privacy glass no matter what version you go for!

Screenshot_20180826-160840.png

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Kelly's Heroes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:12 pm So my dealer confirmed the packages mentioned above... Really annoyed as it seems to ommit the 21 Sports Classic Alloys and forces you to have privacy glass no matter what version you go for!
+1. And roof rails!

And what does the ‘Max 30%’ above ‘Classic’ refer to?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Oh dear, I really hope I am misunderstanding something or that this list is incorrect.
What a rubbish set of configurations this seems to be! When buying a Porsche I would not expect to have to compromise so much.
No Pano roof on the Sport? (I was always told this was the most desired accessory!)
Compulsory black roof rails?
No heated steering wheel on Design?
No PASM on Premium but it has compulsory 21" wheels?
Surround view on Premium only?
18 Way seats only on Sport?
Spyder wheels only on Premium?
No choice of wheels on Sport?
And only the 2.0l engine until March?
I though the Porsche philosophy was that customers carefully put together their own spec, unlike my wife’s previous far east SUV that came with just about everything included in the basic price!
Porsche have had my £3k since January, but if this is the only way to get the car I want unfortunately it may be time to bail out, find another car, then perhaps start again in 6 month’s time!
Last edited by davetronic on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Kelly's Heroes

Post by Kelly's Heroes »

I'm just hoping that these packs that are optional... As you get on the configurator already on existing model (Sport, Travel, Innovation), which you can ignore and build your own, or reconfigure to suit you personally.
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

I really hope you are right, but am concerned these might be the only choices. If so, I’m in a real quandary!
Nice spec BTW, but doesn’t fit these configurations. Only item I would not go for is Comfort Access. Apart from all the security scares, I find it a pain finding somewhere in the car for a bunch of keys!
Last edited by davetronic on Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Kelly's Heroes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:20 pm I'm just hoping that these packs that are optional...
I was told that they are solely for the first orders of the 2ltr and that Porsche are totally committed to the personal option route.

I was also told, though, that they are exploring the shipment of a ‘base models’ with appropriate options being ‘fitted’ by the OPC. I’m sure we all get the idea and how it would speed up deliveries.

And that work was beginning to provide EV charging stations with rest/social areas.