New Macan UK spec for first cars - November delivery

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Packs are likely a solution to having to put through testing hundreds of various combinations of options. Packs lets them test a much reduced number of combinations and get those onto the market quicker.

CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

Yes, these are for the first delivery cars.

A 2.0L Macan with a predefined set of options isn't of interest to me so I'll be waiting for the additional engines and custom specifications.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
Kelly's Heroes

Post by Kelly's Heroes »

I've got another call with the OPC on Tuesday. He's seeing if some of these first batch can have minor alterations. The Design pack works for me, just want to see if I can change the wheels and omit the gangster glass ;)
Looking at ordering 2019 model Macan http://www.porsche-code.com/PKYUKIB8
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

I'll be keeping my money until they see fit to allow me to buy a car with the spec I require.

And if it takes 2 years or more so be it. I'm not a devotee of any brand that I will fall over myself to buy their product.
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm Packs are likely a solution to having to put through testing hundreds of various combinations of options. Packs lets them test a much reduced number of combinations and get those onto the market quicker.
Yes WLTP, effective from 1 Sept 2018 registrations, has a lot to answer for this 'options pack' "solution". Some makes that have few optional extras. like Mazda, have benefited and lead times are minimal. While others like Porsche have suffered as every combination of options has to be tested and WLTP certified for each make, model, engine and derivative.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

SAC1 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:56 pm
MCDK wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:40 pm Packs are likely a solution to having to put through testing hundreds of various combinations of options. Packs lets them test a much reduced number of combinations and get those onto the market quicker.
Yes WLTP, effective from 1 Sept 2018 registrations, has a lot to answer for this 'options pack' "solution". Some makes that have few optional extras. like Mazda, have benefited and lead times are minimal. While others like Porsche have suffered as every combination of options has to be tested and WLTP certified for each make, model, engine and derivative.
This would clearly justify the idea of creating a limited number of ‘base’ models then adding suitable options at OPCs. Working to the letter of the legislation in true automotive fashion.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

davetronic wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:01 pm Oh dear, I really hope I am misunderstanding something or that this list is incorrect.
What a rubbish set of configurations this seems to be! When buying a Porsche I would not expect to have to compromise so much.
No Pano roof on the Sport? (I was always told this was the most desired accessory!)
Compulsory black roof rails?
No heated steering wheel on Design?

No PASM on Premium but it has compulsory 21" wheels?

Surround view on Premium only?
18 Way seats only on Sport?
Spyder wheels only on Premium?
No choice of wheels on Sport?
And only the 2.0l engine until March?
I though the Porsche philosophy was that customers carefully put together their own spec, unlike my wife’s previous far east SUV that came with just about everything included in the basic price!
Porsche have had my £3k since January, but if this is the only way to get the car I want unfortunately it may be time to bail out, find another car, then perhaps start again in 6 month’s time!
Not quite right it has Air which includes PASM
I would suggest given your proposed usage to go with the Classic option, there is very little need for anything other than basic for what will be a Town Car.

BTW
Do not expect good economy from a 2.0 Macan, it still has 2 tonnes of car to haul around.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Paul

Post by Paul »

? Didn’t think we’d yet seen any figures for the new engines?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

davetronic wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:58 pm Only item I would not go for is Comfort Access. Apart from all the security scares, I find it a pain finding somewhere in the car for a bunch of keys!
I think you mean 'Porsche Entry & Drive', rather than 'Comfort Access', which is something else.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

ooops, think you are correct. The obscure terminology gets me every time!
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).