New Macan UK spec for first cars - November delivery

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Paul wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:14 pm ? Didn’t think we’d yet seen any figures for the new engines?

+1. I really do not think that the entry-model 2.0 Macan will have 300bhp. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

VanB

Post by VanB »

Agree - max of 275 I would think which is a 23 bhp bump over the current model and in line with what Porsche normally do (although they did break the mould with Cayman/Boxster 718s)
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Paul wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:01 pm
Dandock wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:39 pm With the base increase of just 2% and Nav, LEDs and Conbect now standard it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. I do like the Crayon, though. 🤭
aka Primer 😂
Crayon does look splendid, but yes, there's that moment you realise it looks like it's not been painted yet!
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

So in Springtime(ish) - will the only additional variants be S and Turbo?

Or does anyone believe that a GTS coming along around that time?

Also did any Dealers mention/comment on a diesel option?

cheers
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

The consensus seems to be early 2020 for the first GTS deliveries.
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Thanks Mr. M..... Just in time for the next gen Macan! - typical.

cheers.
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

Ok so no GTS - shame ..... diesel?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

So if all this talk about limited variants turns out to occur is it yet again a failure of Porsche to respond to customers wants?

There are a lot of other SUV’s out there that are not just gaining on the Macan but overtaking it (Stelvio, iPace, Merc GLC AMG, Model X).

Tarting up the exterior and changing an LCD do not make a new car or even a solid facelift, it is surely a token event.

With a whole raft of sub 4.5 second 0-60mph SUVs on the market now or will be on the market in the very near future then is Porsche’s advantage going to be totally lost?

Jag halted the FPace because of the Macan, but look what new models JLR have released since then, whilst Porsche has taken years to add a lightbar and change a couple of engines.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:10 am So if all this talk about limited variants turns out to occur is it yet again a failure of Porsche to respond to customers wants?

There are a lot of other SUV’s out there that are not just gaining on the Macan but overtaking it (Stelvio, iPace, Merc GLC AMG, Model X).

Tarting up the exterior and changing an LCD do not make a new car or even a solid facelift, it is surely a token event.

With a whole raft of sub 4.5 second 0-60mph SUVs on the market now or will be on the market in the very near future then is Porsche’s advantage going to be totally lost?

Jag halted the FPace because of the Macan, but look what new models JLR have released since then, whilst Porsche has taken years to add a lightbar and change a couple of engines.
As with the ongoing engine thread it’s not just about bragging rights but how it’s delivered and handled. And to take just one of your examples, JLR, albeit I’ve never owned one and not withstanding they are 2 marques, the consensus of forum members would suggest that both are serially problematic.

To suggest Porsche aren’t making a big enough change is, frankly, stating the historical obvious. They’ve never have undertaken radical upgrades. Gen 2 will though be faster, smoother and take the handling to a new level.

Macan for me has always sat in a unique niche as being not quite a full blown SUV. There may be bigger, more techy, more brutal things out there but I still believe that no other does it in quite the same way. I think it’s benchmark reputation and low depreciation speak for themselves.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Paul

Post by Paul »

Beat me to it Mike.....the 911 hasn’t changed radically in xx years but is still the reference / benchmark and something most on here aspire to (or are already in) and we are only talking about a Macan facelift mid-way through the product cycle.

Porsche reported a 4.1 Billion profit last year selling nearly 100 000 Macans out of 250 000 cars in total....far be it from me to criticise their strategies😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465