Cat N Porsche Macan for sale locally - thoughts?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Don’t walk away ...... Run.

Not worth it either cost wise or because it has been damaged.

The rear PORSCHE letter spacing is too close suggesting that they have been taken off and refitted. A debadged option on ordering only limits the model and variant badging, the Porsche lettering are still fitted. Having incorrect spacing means work has been done to the hatch.

Avoid
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

jesim1

Post by jesim1 »

I would not entertain this at anything like that price, it would need to be under £30k, you will get a non damaged one for close to that price:

"One thing to be aware of is that insurance can be harder to come by for written-off cars, with some providers not covering them at all. While this can be overcome by hunting around, be aware that insurance for Cat S and N cars tends to be more expensive than it is for non-written-off cars.

Written-off cars are also worth less than their undamaged counterparts. While this should be reflected in their purchase price, you may find it hard to sell a Cat S or Cat N car, as some buyers will simply not even consider them."

I'd say 99% on this forum would agree with this, a cat N on a cheap run about or a car you intend to run into the ground is one thing, but on a Porsche I'd never consider it unless I was going to cover my costs substantially to make it worth it. The extra you pay in insurance and what you get back on resale could be easily off set the cost of buying a straight Macan - the only option for this is let some other mug pay £38k.

James
Bazza06

Post by Bazza06 »

Giz9 wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Kelly's Heroes wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 pm WoW that is eagle eyed on the badge. How has it been put on wrong?

So ive been doing some investigations.. it's come from car transplants (also based in Winsford).. if you Google the reg and click images, it shows damage to front bumper... Nothing rear end... It may have had some light damage though or flood damage. A lot of Cat N is also theft recovered after the insurers paid out and will have some minor damage (sometimes insurance standard repaired).

Maybe if it was £30k I might be tempted to look into this further, and get it all properly inspected. But at £38k seems way too much for all that bother!
The letters are too close together!
My Nan used to say “Never trust a man whose eyes are too close together”. Is she was alive today I reckon she’d say the same about letters 😂
Previously owned:
2022 Macan GTS Gentian Blue
Macan SD - Volcano Grey
Boxster S - Polar Silver
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Hi,
If you need any help with insurance for a previously written off vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line. The majority of our schemes have no issue with these vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.