Swapped SD for S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 pm Just read the reactions to my grammatical corrections...LOL! By the way, for those interested, its (ownership), it's (it is)! LOL!!
I just thought it was funny he tried to come back at you and made the same error yet again :lol: Honestly I don't care about other people's spelling/grammar these days as it's generally piss poor throughout most forums and I've never once seen anyone say thanks when corrected and actually learn to write basic English properly. The response in this case was totally predictable!

SRDL

Post by SRDL »

Peteski wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:38 pm
I just thought it was funny he tried to come back at you and made the same error yet again :lol: Honestly I don't care about other people's spelling/grammar these days as it's generally piss poor throughout most forums and I've never once seen anyone say thanks when corrected and actually learn to write basic English properly. The response in this case was totally predictable!
Or should that be “fora”? I’ll get my coat....
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

SRDL wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:55 pm
Or should that be “fora”? I’ll get my coat....
I would put a double space before “I’ll” and only three dots after coat. :lol:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:27 pm Just read the reactions to my grammatical corrections...LOL! By the way, for those interested, its (ownership), it's (it is)! LOL!!
I really didn't mean any malice by it. The response had me in stitches though!

Nice to see others who appreciate the effort, especially the Latin lovers above! Fora...legends! Remember lads, that also extends to stadia as the plural to stadium! I'm on a roll...but will now get my coat...LOL!
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

GMAN75 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 pm
I really didn't mean any malice by it. The response had me in stitches though!

Nice to see others who appreciate the effort, especially the Latin lovers above! Fora...legends! Remember lads, that also extends to stadia as the plural to stadium! I'm on a roll...but will now get my coat...LOL!
Interestingly the Oxford Dictionary actually does list the plural of forum as forums. I never did study Latin though, so I struggle a bit with Harry Potter books!
VanB

Post by VanB »

The plural fora refers to a square as in where a meeting might be held and does come from the Latin. The correct plural for forum as in where we exchange banter is forums.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Forumi
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

The grammar police are on every forum. I had a guy accuse me of 'mispeling' a word. You can't make it up, he wouldn't have it when it was pointed out by another member that he had misspelt the word. I also see shocking spelling in some car magazines where, I assume, they rely on Spellcheck or Spillchick as I call it. Incidentally, misspelt which is the correct spelling, has a red wavy line under it on this post, hmmmm.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Gave up my professional red pen twelve years ago; don't regret it. Loads of ways to mistookerate your worms.......
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'