Swapped SD for S

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Guy

Post by Guy »

Peteski wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 pm
jesim1 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:28 am
GMAN75 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Sorry mate, I'm one of those guys. Are you aware that "your" denotes ownership and "you're" is a truncated form of you are? Please, please, for the love of God! My eyes!!
Really?, and yet you begin a sentence with "Sorry mate" ?

Are you aware you have a double space between "guys." and "Are"? and also "are?" and "Please" - oh, and, I almost missed the last one as well, but I'm sure you get the theme?

As for bringing my religious beliefs into blasphemous derogation of my grammar - well, another own goal.

Pot - kettle - black - If your going to get picky, at least do it in a fashion not to embarrass yourself :lol:

James
But are you actually going to take note of his valid point or simply continue to use "your" incorrectly at every opportunity? I suspect the latter given you have made the very same mistake in your reply to him!

BTW it's totally normal to leave a double space after a full stop. Something else to ignore in future hey, lol.
^ Oh great, a grammar thread! This forum gets better and better :lol:

Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Not trying to be one sided, but I do find people who point out others people’s spelling/ miss use of language/ etc etc on a open forum ,that attracts people from all spectrums , a bit offensive , aren’t these sites meant to be about passion rather than points.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Dandock wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:11 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:03 pm
jesim1 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:17 pm As to your original post - I think your getting a decent deal here, I know your taking a big hit, but year one is the biggest one, your losing over £10k in VAT alone, so you have to expect a £15k hit in year one in my view, or the OPC is making the money somewhere else?

As for the difference between a GTS and an S? - I don't think there is enough of a difference that you would notice it enough daily to really care about it if you buy an S - on a track a GTS may be half a length quicker than an S, but on a normal everyday road it's irrelevant, it's all in your mind, but that can be a big influence on it's own to some?

Spec wise I tent to look for things I want, rather than things I don't. So if I really wanted something that was not on the list I would miss it, but if I got extra things I didn't care for then it would be no big deal. The pano is one of those I can take or leave, and do think people may want it, but they will not pay an extra £2k second hand for it, so I would never spec one at that money, I'd rather have the extra head room and lower weight and COG.

As previously mentioned, this is your money and your choice, it's hard to find two cars specked exactly the same in any Macan, so it shows we are all very different, and spec our cars accordingly.

The only other thing I'd add would be I'd look at how long you intend to keep this car and have a think about the resales then - so if your going to keep it 3 years, think three years from now and how much will you get back on the GTS Vs the S, then work out the saving your making now and add them to those figures to get as best an estimate as possible about the total depreciation over those three years of the two cars - that would probably be my deciding factor as I view the cars as very close, and both a good buy to begin with.

Good luck with whatever you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy either, and I also believe your doing the right thing, because what is the point in feeling you have missed something when you can afford to sort it with some extra cash you won't miss? If you would miss it you would not be looking at a new Porsche after 12 months! ;)

James
Sorry mate, I'm one of those guys. Are you aware that "your" denotes ownership and "you're" is a truncated form of you are? Please, please, for the love of God! My eyes!!
https://en-gb.facebook.com/RedundantPro ... rsSociety/ :lol: :lol:

And apologies for the deviation.
Apologies, also, if the link caused any offence. The FB page is aimed at mocking professionals who really should know better.

And for personal reasons I really should have known better too. 😔
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Makes me want to break out my (retired) red pen.........................................................................not.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Just read the reactions to my grammatical corrections...LOL! By the way, for those interested, its (ownership), it's (it is)! LOL!!
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

A lot of these mishaps are caused by the bl**dy auto correct and predictive text features on mobile devices. :lol:
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Semerka wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm A lot of these mishaps are caused by the bl**dy auto correct and predictive text features on mobile devices. :lol:
We’re sailing. 🤔
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
happy days

Post by happy days »

Semerka wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 pm A lot of these mishaps are caused by the bl**dy auto correct and predictive text features on mobile devices. :lol:
A lot of the well written, grammatically correct sentences are too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Macan S D
718 S
Deleted User 1895

Post by Deleted User 1895 »

[/quote]

Derek

One extra that I started extolling the virtues off in the Winter of 2016/7 was one that I had fitted to my Macan during its Sept 16 build and in use I found it to be much more beneficial and used more frequently than the heated seats was my heated steering wheel.

Its sheer bliss to have warm hands on a cold day.

So its another box to tick or at least to check out when you come for a change of motor again.
[/quote]

Thanks for the thought, Col. My "new" spec doesn't have it, unfortunately, but I remember how cold my hands felt at times last winter so I had made a mental note to consider it next time round. Good to get a recommendation for it.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Derek

Yet one more thing to add to your wish list, well two actually.

1) Smokers Pack, daft as it seems there is a wacking great big hole in the centre consule and this Extra gives that hole a lid.

2) Interior Light Pack, gives LEDs instead of halogen inside the car plus additional interior lighting and the very important light to the interior mirror
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags