Cayman... GTS ...bye bye manual!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

So after a chat with the SE in regards to a new cayman GTS order, I was informed no manuals will be built , I had noticed that the manual I drove showed a higher rpm.. to the pdk I drove and was according to figures is 3mpg better than the manual. Has anyone got a GTS cayman on here... thoughts please😊
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

This was flagged some time ago. Porsche won't be producing manuals other than for GT cars. Does this mean that mean that the price rise covers the cost of the PDK?
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nosmo wrote: ↑Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:01 pm ...Porsche won't be producing manuals other than for GT cars.

Does this mean that mean that the price rise covers the cost of the PDK?
1. Sounds good to me. Great news for owners of manual 991s. ;)

2. Makes sense. PDK on a Cayman GTS is Β£2,303...
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Looking forward to seeing the new pricing structure on the sports cars to see if there is a 2.7% increase as well as the extra Β£2k or so they currently charge for PDK. the Porsche purists will be up in arms if true and there are no more manuals across most of the range
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
The Bairn

Post by The Bairn »

Mike and his Macan wrote: ↑Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:06 pm So after a chat with the SE in regards to a new cayman GTS order, I was informed no manuals will be built , I had noticed that the manual I drove showed a higher rpm.. to the pdk I drove and was according to figures is 3mpg better than the manual. Has anyone got a GTS cayman on here... thoughts please😊
I have...

C2C76F95-50C1-4145-9FB0-2BCA4C4CF37C.jpeg

Ordered 19th September '14
http://www.porsche-code.com/PFSWD9B5
VanB

Post by VanB »

Great cars the Cayman in any guise. A friend of mine recently took delivery of a 718 Cayman GTS and loves it to bits. They also look fabulous IMO
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Mike and his Macan

I’m asking the same question at the moment... about the cost of the PDK ...if it’s to be included in the price rise, SE looking into it know for me as lock down is this weekend for December delivery. Would love to hear your feedback on how you find day to day living with the GTS... any annoying features or problems? Wet weather/ cold ... is my worry. Thanks and will update shortly.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Lived with 987 and 981 Cayman S s for 7 years. Great cars, no issues, very balanced in the wet and cold. The 6 pots sound magnificent. The extra torque of the flat fours may unsettle things in damp and chilly conditions on summer tyres......................and it does not sound as nice/charismatic (to my ears).
Only niggle is the time taken to get the oil up to temperature (cos there is so much of it-and the plumbing is complex) 15 to 20 miles was not unusual. The commensurate time taken to get high volumes of heat into the cabin was a bit of a pain. Most cars do not have 'climate' but just 'air'.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Mike and his Macan

Thanks bennachi.. your opinion seems to follow others.... fingers crossed it works out for me .😊
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Manual gearboxes are pants. They are a thing of the past along with chokes and radial tyres. Driving in the traffic of 2018 is not the same as the 1950's and 60's which all the 'purists' yearn for. Even then, most manuals didn't have syncromesh and I bet most of the boring bearded purists wouldn't have a clue how to engage second gear. 'But I have control in a manual, I decide when to change gear not a computer' they cry. OK, fine if that's a concern get your ABS removed, the aircon, satnav, fuel injection and fit some Webers.

The good old days were crap, I was there. No offence meant by the way, if you favour a manual box that is your choice and good luck to your left foot on the M6 should you ever have the misfortune to travel/park on it. I used to drive 30-40,000 miles a year in manuals and had to stop as I had an RSI which made my left foot go into spasm.

Torque converter auto's and PDK are so good these days they are quicker than a human can swap cogs.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.