New configuration for the macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
smoothound54

Post by smoothound54 »

The confuserator has had the non-availability caveat for months now.

This is just my opinion...

It's all linked to the new EU fuel consumption and emissions rules which will be more realistic - all their cars need to be re-evaluated under new rules so they are trying to avoid being sued for quoting old MPG figure quoted in an online config, only to drastically reduce them later, and then face lawsuits.

Once the new tests against the new spec - and lawsuits transition settles down, things will be back to normal - just with much lower (more realistic) MPG figs being quoted.

But don't worry after Brexit, the UK can go back to something like the old test and all published MPG figs for cars sourced in the UK will massively improve!!

This transition impact (for the new test) on quoted MPG applies to all makes and models - so the relative differential in MPG etc will shift around a bit but will generally reduce accross the board - the previously more 'creative' figures (including the main German manufacturers) will slip down against manufacturers presently providing more 'objective' MPG figures-I avoided terms like 'with scruples' or 'more honest').

will be interesting to see the new figs for hybrids too!

Also some manufacturers are more prepared for the transition - and don't have pending lawsuits etc and so they don't have the hiatus that Porsche (VAG) does.

Just MHO
Last edited by smoothound54 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandock

Post by Dandock »

smoothound54 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:12 pm The confuserator has had the non-availability caveat for months now.

This is just my opinion...

It's all linked to the new EU fuel consumption and emissions rules which will be bore realistic - all their cars need to be re-evauated under new rules so they are trying to avoid being sued for quoting old MPG figs. in an online config only to drastically reduce them later and face lawsuits.

Once the new tests against the new spec - and lawsuits transition settles down things will be back to normal - just with much lower (more realistic) MPG figs being quoted.

But don't worry after Brexit, the UK can go back to something like the old test and all published MPG figs for cars sourced in the UK will massively improve!!

This transition impact (for the new test) on quoted MPG applies to all makes and models - so the relative differential in MPG etc will shift around a bit but will generally reduce accross the board - the previously more 'creative' figures (including the main German manufacturers) will slip down against manufacturers presently providing more 'objective' MPG figures-I avoided terms like 'with scruples' or 'more honest').

will be interesting to see the new figs for hybrids too!

Also some manufacturers are more prepared for the transition - and don't have pending lawsuits etc and so they don't have the hiatus that Porsche (VAG) does.

Just MHO
Yep, my thoughts and my CPs view too. He thought that Porsche would be updating the whole thing in one hit.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀