New configuration for the macan?

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm That might ring true as I’m about to pull the pin on a Cayman GTS... they can’t tell me the new spec or the price rise ... lock down on Monday so am feeling twitchy.
OPC told me the increase would be about 2%. I think 2.7% has been mentioned this elsewhere on the forum.
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

Dandock, you won't get any argument from me on Tesla. That's a house of cards. I would never, however much I desired a Tesla, put a deposit there. No. Way. If I did, I would want physical collateral!

All I'm saying is, you know you've got a decent business when it becomes partially funded by people parking money with you just to avoid waiting lists. You have to admit that! LOL!
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm That might ring true as I’m about to pull the pin on a Cayman GTS... they can’t tell me the new spec or the price rise ... lock down on Monday so am feeling twitchy.
Mike interesting conundrum which I faced too. You're locking down without knowing what exactly you are buying. A petrol particulate filter HP zapping engine or the same metrics as before. I went along for the ride. You have to laugh. Apparently if I am not happy with the HP performance drop I can cancel?? I'll wait and see.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

But paying a deposit is not without other, more significant, downsides. 😱

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a-vp ... r-deposits
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

GMAN75 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:52 pm Dandock, you won't get any argument from me on Tesla. That's a house of cards. I would never, however much I desired a Tesla, put a deposit there. No. Way. If I did, I would want physical collateral!

All I'm saying is, you know you've got a decent business when it becomes partially funded by people parking money with you just to avoid waiting lists. You have to admit that! LOL!
Absolutely. Very expensive coffee and cake. 😂
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Nosmo... have they confirmed any time with you when you will know? The problem is that they want my Macan GTS buy the 15 th Oct as a px .. but finding it difficult to agree because I don’t know what I’m buying , for how much, or what spec, and had not confirmed the emissions elements let alone the filters? Are these to be added? I thought it had passed as they are able to sell it... and that the manual had been dropped as a result.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:49 pm Nosmo... have they confirmed any time with you when you will know? The problem is that they want my Macan GTS buy the 15 th Oct as a px .. but finding it difficult to agree because I don’t know what I’m buying , for how much, or what spec, and had not confirmed the emissions elements let alone the filters? Are these to be added? I thought it had passed as they are able to sell it... and that the manual had been dropped as a result.
Hi Mike. Nothing around the spec / emmisions and or power has been announced / confirmed. The rumour of the manual being dropped has also not been confirmed but seems logical for environmental reasons on non GT cars.

Which OPC are you with? It seems a bit early to take your car in PX. I locked down about a month ago for an October build and November delivery. My OPC, Tonbridge have 2 GTSs coming this side of Christmas, a Cayman and a Boxter. Otherwise nothing till the new year.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm You know you have reached the level of grandmaster poobah in business excellence when there are customers willing to park money with you, interest free and fully at risk, just to avoid a queue. If there are just 1,000 of you, I reckon that funds an entire OPC for a year...free of charge! LOL! Brilliant.
And the interest for me on £1000 for the few months until a further £2K at point of order would be? And how much on the full £3K for maybe 3-6 months. Pennies!
Less than £1 a month on the £1,000, Mike. So probably less than £20 in interest all in. Less than the price of a Porsche key fob! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:02 pm
Dandock wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm
GMAN75 wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:50 pm You know you have reached the level of grandmaster poobah in business excellence when there are customers willing to park money with you, interest free and fully at risk, just to avoid a queue. If there are just 1,000 of you, I reckon that funds an entire OPC for a year...free of charge! LOL! Brilliant.
And the interest for me on £1000 for the few months until a further £2K at point of order would be? And how much on the full £3K for maybe 3-6 months. Pennies!
Less than £1 a month on the £1,000, Mike. So probably less than £20 in interest all in. Less than the price of a Porsche key fob! ;)
You clearly have found your vocation, Simon. 👌
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

:lol: :lol: ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018