Used Purchase Discount -Advice request

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
VanB

Post by VanB »

Performance differential may be minimal in terms of 0-60 but the drive is night and day. I currently have a Macan S on loan whilst the PCM on my 911 is being looked at and previously owned a Macan GTS. The GTS was a much taughter, altogether sportier drive and by a significant margin.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

VanB wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:49 pm Performance differential may be minimal in terms of 0-60 but the drive is night and day. I currently have a Macan S on loan whilst the PCM on my 911 is being looked at and previously owned a Macan GTS. The GTS was a much taughter, altogether sportier drive and by a significant margin.
My S has air suspension and Sports Chrono. Again, the performance differential, is minimal. It comes solely from the increased horsepower and torque on the GTS. That's the performance differential...nothing else.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As I understand it the GTS has some improvements with its internal components in the engine and gearbox compared to the S.

That said there is probably a better chance of finding an S but given that two years ago an S was a very rare beast with quite a long lead time they may well be few in number at that age.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Yanwoo

Post by Yanwoo »

Someone on the US macan forum attempted to catalogue the specific differences between the S and GTS (quoting the engine and chassis chunks here...) with the ensuing conversation thread providing some extra colour...
Engine:
- 360 HP and 369 Lb-ft of torque 3.0 engine with upgraded internals:
- 17.4 PSI Turbo boost vs 14 PSI for S.
- New Camshaft.
- Revised air intake path.
- Reduced exhaust back pressure.
- New Piston design and other beffed-up internal components.
- High-rev horsepower curve, with max power at 6,000 rpm.
- 159 MPH top speed.

<...snip...>

Chassis:
- Air Springs with retuned PASM programming.
- 0.4" lower than standard Air Suspension.
- 10% stiffer than standard Air Suspension.
- Stiffer and thicker rear stabilizer bar.
- Greater rearward bias of torque distribution.
- Retuned PTM (traction management) stability controls allow 15 degrees more yaw before stepping in.
- Sport Plus setting of Sport Chrono–equipped models ...adds an intermediate Sport ESC mode, which is available only on the GTS and allows a bit more slip-angle leeway before intervening.
- The Porsche Stability Management System has been completely recalibrated for the GTS to provide even more “dynamic driving experience,” says the automaker (this means a driving enthusiast won’t feel restrained by an overly aggressive stability control system).
https://www.macanforum.com/forum/orderi ... erent.html
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Something to think about,the GTS holds better residuals than the s.... you will not be able to buy a GTS for another 18 months or so...and in my opinion the GTS is a far superior car to the s... in drivablity and future value and will always be a popular choice . and I’m sure you are aware of the facelift. However any Macan is a fantastic fun quick mode of transport.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

I still think performance differential is marginal. Eeking out the performance enhancements of a GTS v S in the real world with real world driving will be a job for the ultra committed and brave. In any event, those enhancements would invariably be most visible on a track. Don't get me wrong, a GTS is nice and superior to an S, but marginally so. Given a £50k budget, I know where my money would be...a well specc'd low mileage and later year S.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Nicely specced S is potentially a better car...................... depending on your use...........
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Paul wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:56 pm Would Nosmo’s fit the bill.....?
Paul - Very kind of you to suggest.

Wizzard, I am selling my GTS. As I have said before, happy to let it go to the correct enthusiast for less than advertised.... The reality seems to be that unless you get a very high mileage car, the price you're looking for is difficult to attain (I believe). I am being made offers in excess of 52k for my 16 plate, 21.5k mileage car from the trade which leads me to believe that you might be hard pushed to satisfy your desire for a GTS.

If you feel like a chat, please PM me or respond in the thread. I am going to offline due to work commitments for a couple of days from tomorrow but will be responding latest on Saturday if you do get in touch. At the moment my car is on Autotrader (See the thread "GTS for sale" - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7836 on this forum.

Nosmo
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Thank you to everyone who has given realistic 'real-world' advice. It may not have been what I wanted to hear but it helps put things in perspective. Thank you to all the detailed comments on the differences between the S and GTS models too - very informative.

Nosmo - I have sent you a PM.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+