Used Purchase Discount -Advice request

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Morning All.

The S3 lease goes back in a few months and I've just finished a quad-test of the following preferred replacements:
  • Velar
    GLC 43
    X3 3.0d (in place of the M40i)
    Macan GTS
First impressions:

Velar was a nice place to be. Looks nice. Drives nice. Interior feels.... questionable. The tech screen overload does not overcome some of the cheap-feel plastics and creaky finish.

GLC43 was entertaining. Good size and lovely in and out. The one we tested was a 'Premium Plus' model so came with a few nice additional features.

We're looking at the X3 M40i but the showrooms don't get the models in until later November so we took out a 3.0d on M Sports suspension and 21" just to see how it felt. Quick and fun to drive. Great looking interior and an airy cabin - especially with the panoramic roof. Gesture control and 360 degree positioning are all fun gimmicks that work just fine but aren't really practical.

Macan GTS - blown away by how poised it is. Initially went out with a salesperson who had obviously enjoyed some advanced driving classes in a past and demonstrated just how well the Macan handles around corners. Fit and finish is superb compared to the competition and the ride feels perfect even in sports setup - especially after the Audi's harsh ride for two years. I'm sold.

Which leads me to ask for some advice. My budget extends to a level that is a little lower than some of the 2 year old GTS models on the market at the moment. I would like to get some advice from you seasoned Porsche owners. How much discount off the asking price do you think is achievable from a dealer? I don't want to go in looking like a noobie fool but if there's any chance I can achieve a GTS model, then I would like to try.

Cheers in advance.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

This is virtually an impossible question to answer without seeing which cars you are considering. Some dealers will price high especially when they have just listed a car to see if anyone pops along who has been waiting for one in that colour and spec. They may then reduce after a month and do this until it sells. Others will have a keen eye on internet pricing and aim to be in the lowest few listings on Autotrader and wherever and may price very keenly thus leaving little room for discount. Spec also makes some difference to pricing. I have seen 2016 GTS for sale anything from £52k up to £60k.
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

MCDK wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:08 am This is virtually an impossible question to answer without seeing which cars you are considering. Some dealers will price high especially when they have just listed a car to see if anyone pops along who has been waiting for one in that colour and spec. They may then reduce after a month and do this until it sells. Others will have a keen eye on internet pricing and aim to be in the lowest few listings on Autotrader and wherever and may price very keenly thus leaving little room for discount. Spec also makes some difference to pricing. I have seen 2016 GTS for sale anything from £52k up to £60k.
Thanks MCDK - your comments make complete sense. Looking for a 16/66 plate with around 20k on the clock. I've seen a few that have the fit the bill (only really looking for a Pan Roof as an extra) but they all seem to sitting between £55k and £60k. I was hoping to get one for just under £50k for finance purposes and was wondering if a 8-10% off that range was achievable.
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
johnd

Post by johnd »

Is it worth trying it the other way about? I.E. talking to 2 or 3 OPCs and saying £49K (or whatever) is my absolute maximum budget and here's the spec I'm looking for. Any chance we could do business?
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If you do not ask you do not get.

I would decide on any specific extras that you consider must haves and then ring round dealers say within 100 miles.

As it is a GTS is pretty well equipted without any additional extras.

Some extras to consider:-
Pano, does lighten a dark interior
RecCam, rear quarter vision is poor
Interior light pack, gives far better interior lighting and the all important illuminated mirror
18way seats, standard GTS 8 way seats have no lumber adjustment, no squab length adjustment and has fixed bolsters

Thats about it for a GTS.

Good luck
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
VanB

Post by VanB »

Most OPCs will have "haggle room" built in to their pricing on used car stock but I doubt you will get into a 2-year-old GTS for under £50k in the current market. You might be lucky so definitely worth asking around and I think JohnD's suggestion is a very good one.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

johnd wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am Is it worth trying it the other way about? I.E. talking to 2 or 3 OPCs and saying £49K (or whatever) is my absolute maximum budget and here's the spec I'm looking for. Any chance we could do business?
Great suggestion. Thank you.
Col Lamb wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:43 am If you do not ask you do not get.

I would decide on any specific extras that you consider must haves and then ring round dealers say within 100 miles.

As it is a GTS is pretty well equipted without any additional extras.

Some extras to consider:-
Pano, does lighten a dark interior
RecCam, rear quarter vision is poor
Interior light pack, gives far better interior lighting and the all important illuminated mirror
18way seats, standard GTS 8 way seats have no lumber adjustment, no squab length adjustment and has fixed bolsters

Thats about it for a GTS.

Good luck
Col -thank you for the guidance. Much appreciated on the option suggestions.
VanB wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am Most OPCs will have "haggle room" built in to their pricing on used car stock but I doubt you will get into a 2-year-old GTS for under £50k in the current market. You might be lucky so definitely worth asking around and I think JohnD's suggestion is a very good one.
Agreed VanB -I will be luck to find one but I have to try... otherwise I end up wondering 'what if!'...
Paul

Post by Paul »

Would Nosmo’s fit the bill.....?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Your budget for a GTS would need To be £55k and upwards I’m afraid. 50k won’t buy a GTS from a dealer, you may get a private purchase if you wanted to go that way.

Currently with the lack of new cars the values are holding up well so prices are high.
GMAN75

Post by GMAN75 »

You would have, literally, no chance at a GTS under £50k. A quick look on Autotrader will show the lowest priced one at c.£53k. If you're after one from a dealer...Bob Hope!

At £50k you would do better to plump for a Macan Petrol S. Performance differential is marginal.