UK Winter Driving in a GTS, Tyre/Wheel Advice Please

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

putt4par wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:43 pm
Nosmo wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:36 am As I am getting rid of the GTS, I am also selling the OEM delivered 19" sports classics. They are shod with Pirelli Scrorpion winter tyres/ I have covered between 2 and 3k miles on them, winter months only. These rims come in silver which I have had powder coated through Porsche in matt black. Two winter pictures attached. South East England pick up only.

Hi Nosmo, hope you are good, did you sell these wheels?

Many thanks
Hi - yes I did to another forum member.
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18

Red5

Post by Red5 »

Nosmo wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:00 pm
Salty wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:47 am I have a slight dilemma! We changed my wife’s Macan S for a new GTS in May this year and I was told by my OPC that the Porsche 18” winter wheels and tyres that we had for the S would fit the GTS. I had them put on yesterday by the guys at a local garage but then when I went to update the tyre type and size on the TPM menu I discovered that the smallest size selectable is 19”.
I checked the handbook which says that the multifunction display can be updated by the OPC. I called them and was told that they can’t! I checked the hand book again and see that in the technical data section 19” is the smallest wheel size quoted for the GTS.
So I’m now unsure what to do as the wheels appear to fit ok and there appears to be adequate clearance. The OPC haven’t been much help so far.
Salty - The 18" do (just) fit the larger GTS calipers although. 19" minimum recommended. I believe Smerka has 18" on her Turbo PP. Maybe she can clarify.

The 18" are a pretty tight fit which you can probably see for yourself. Consequently when putting them on, or taking them off don't ding the calipers. :oops:
She does indeed, as they were bought for the SD :)
The Turbo (not a PP) wore them all last winter and was great. They are quite close to the callipers, but nothing like close enough to ever be a problem.
I fitted and removed in the drive, with no difficulties.

Just use the 19” setting. Set the TPMS and off you go.
It’s changes in pressure, or rolling radius that can be measured, so once you’ve set the car to what’s fitted, you’re all good :)