So after 6 months....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Have to say I don't think the back of the Macan gets THAT dirty......................... The massive spoiler above the rear window does a fine job.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'

Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

VanB wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:10 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm Why no rear wiper on the Cayman? Is it an option?
For some, a rear wiper on a Cayman (or 911) is anathema and for others it's essential. Whichever camp you fall into they are an eyesore on such a beautiful car.
An anathema means 'Something that you hate or dislike'. Do you really mean it's aesthetics are spoiled by a rear wiper? How about the front wipers. Personally, I'm keen on seeing what's behind me :roll: .
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm
Cheshire Cat wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm Why no rear wiper on the Cayman? Is it an option?
For some, a rear wiper on a Cayman (or 911) is anathema and for others it's essential. Whichever camp you fall into they are an eyesore on such a beautiful car.
An anathema means 'Something that you hate or dislike'. Do you really mean it's aesthetics are spoiled by a rear wiper? How about the front wipers. Personally, I'm keen on seeing what's behind me :roll: .
Have you driven a Cayman or 911in the rain Cheshire Cat? The rear window clears almost immediately once you start moving, and while that is happening I find the two door mirrors very useful. You should be able to see them on your car if you look through each side window.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Semerka

Post by Semerka »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am
Cheshire Cat wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm
Have you driven a Cayman or 911in the rain Cheshire Cat? The rear window clears almost immediately once you start moving, and while that is happening I find the two door mirrors very useful. You should be able to see them on your car if you look through each side window.
Sorry, that just made me :lol: , thanks!
Our stable:
- 992 Carrera T - manual - Ruby Star Neo - Carrera Excl. wheels (2023)
- BMW 240i xDrive (G42) - Portimao Blue - AC Schnitzer tune
ex: 981 Cayman GTS, Macan S Diesl, Macan Turbo, 991.2 Carrera S, 718 Cayman GTS, i30 N, 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
VanB

Post by VanB »

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Nope, I haven't driven the Cayman or 911 in the rain. I have driven a Cayman that had been in the rain which had dried and misted up the rear screen to such an extent I had to stop and wipe it as I couldn't find the rear wiper nor see our of the rear screen which I believe is an offence if you were stopped by a picky officer.
It seems to be some sort of Posrchophile idiosyncrasy to rubbish a rear wiper just like bemoaning air-cooled engines demise. Mind you, talk to a last year Discovery owner about the new one and you'll be bored for hours about the rear number plate position.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

After 7 years of Caymanising i have never had the rear screen mist up. Ever. Never had to wipe anything................................

No issue with picky officer (I know these things) besides exterior mirrors are sufficient , which is why vans and HGVs are legal..................
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'