So after 6 months....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

I have finally , decided to sell my beloved Macan GTS with only 2500 dry miles for 63k and have locked Down my Spec for a Cayman GTS (although price rise/ final standard spec has not been included ) Porsche code pjm18cc5. Added today gt leather wheel and aluminium gear lever ( I can hear the purists already 😆) and they might have a point but to ocd to have a alcantara wheel.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the GTS... although I knew it wasn’t the Car for me before I collected it, due to the 2 Caymans718 I had for two weeks before delivery. I went into the showroom with a sensible head on ( although some might argue a GTS Macan is hardly sensible) I took all the advice given to me on this forum and used most of it to build the car. Which had paid me dividends on resale . There isn’t really anymore I can add to say about the Macan , that hasn’t been said on here... I should have bought a cayman first .... and a Macan second... although I suspect I’ll change back if I ever get rid of the sports car grin I had on my face for the two weeks ........

D55C75F5-9178-47AC-A7DC-A51CEA8345C9.jpeg

Last edited by Mike and his Macan on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Congrats on the new order!

What's the AP on the Macan please?
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

Sapphire blue - quite nice, mine was Aqua..............
and had all of the cylinders being a 981...................
Loved it for 5 years.............
Enjoy!

Liking my Macan S a lot, verging on love as Mrs Ben can get into it and I find it easier. Whilst the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time, the passage knocks hell out of one's body..............................Deep into my 6th decade before I had to grow up and buy a 'proper' car.
Last edited by bennachie on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'
Mike and his Macan

Thanks.. you’re right I have a terrible back , once in I’m fine , besides I figure I won’t want to get back out, and I’ll park it out of site when I have too.

Sorry what is the AP....
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Mike, the Cayman GTS link in your post links to the Whisky Exchange! Que?
What spec have you gone for? Do you have the Porsche code?
Sure you will love the new car - I swapped my Macan S for a Boxster S (no GTS then) and haven’t regretted it for a second.
Gone: Macan S petrol
Gone: Boxster S:
Now: 911 (991.2) Carrera S
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Looks a stunning car with the extras you have specced but I think I would drop the sports design pack, Bose and black painted spoiler and handles are swap for the leather dashboard with the silver contrast stitching.

Personal choice obviously but not sure upgrading the stereo in such a small car gives the full cinema effect compared to our SUVs

Hoping to get a cayman loan car in a few weeks time. The boxster I had was an absolute blast recently

Let us know when you have a build slot and price increase amount

Enjoy
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

Oops- just seen the code buried the text - will have look now.
Zinzan

Post by Zinzan »

...and a very nice spec it is too!
Mike and his Macan

Thanks all ... totally agree with the leather dash contrast stitchin, the blue one I had , had this , and didn’t seem to ido it for me, but can see why some do. The sports design pack ( gloss ) seemed a nice upgrade for the price and felt it really finished off the car nicely with the handles/ spoiler. Bose again possibly a no tick option... great in the Macan different in the GTS... but wanted to hopefully keep the re sale value high by having this ... and the other extras ... time will tell on that one ! But Worked with my GTS ( possibly factory closure helped)....thank again ... and another few months of sleepless nights 😊
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Mike - Great spec. I love the offset door handles and rear spoiler. I see that on the pictures you posted the 718 had CCBrakes. Not tempted in any way to spend 5k on yellow calipers :-) . Only Joking. Great looking car. Enjoy the wait as far as that is possible
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18