So after 6 months....

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Thanks I’ll certainly be trying! And would love to hear the flat six engine note, that I hear so much much about, have to be honest I was toying with the idea of buying a second hand one as I’m sure if not already that they are a future classic.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Mike

Sent you a PM

Add PASM to the list that I have sent you

It has so much spec I forget half of it
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

bennachie wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:22 pm Sapphire blue - quite nice, mine was Aqua..............
and had all of the cylinders being a 981...................
Loved it for 5 years.............
Enjoy!

Liking my Macan S a lot, verging on love as Mrs Ben can get into it and I find it easier. Whilst the secret of life is enjoying the passage of time, the passage knocks hell out of one's body..............................Deep into my 6th decade before I had to grow up and buy a 'proper' car.
+1 that sounds like very familiar rationale. :shock:
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Deleted User 2325

Post by Deleted User 2325 »

I bought a Macan GTS in March 18 with all the bells and whistles and it in no way compares with the Cayman GTS so I wonder why you went for a Macan in the first place? (no need to explain why you went for the GTS version - it's the real deal!).

I think the Macan GTS looks great, sticks to the road like glue, goes like a rocket AND can carry 2 adults (+2 in reasonable comfort if necessary) - as well as a car load of stuff for a drive away holiday or a long road trip. I could have bought a two seater, go-faster with room for an overnight bag but practicality for everyday use was the determining factor. I love your new car but it is not comparable with a Macan (and not for people of a certain age... over 40+ ).

Now, if I was single, didn't have back problems, a need for carting loads of stuff up and down the motorway each weekend....

In short, your new car and the Macan GTS are two entirely different beasts.
Mike and his Macan

Of course it’s horses for courses, agree the Macan is obviously top of the.class in suv guise. I had a s Petrol for the weekend when I handed in my GTS, back to back the GTS felt more planted and for some strange reason felt better damped than The s, the only difference was the s had 20s with mitch Latitude and the GTS with 21 pz....both had pasm. However I am nearly 50... with a shit back , do not have children, and have no desire to carry stuff up and down the motorway apart from my lovely girlfriend and myself, and my huge grin. ( ear defenders are always optional ) ....and 33 mpg helped too.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
wizzzard

Post by wizzzard »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 am Of course it’s horses for courses, agree the Macan is obviously top of the.class in suv guise. I had a s Petrol for the weekend when I handed in my GTS, back to back the GTS felt more planted and for some strange reason felt better damped than The s, the only difference was the s had 20s with mitch Latitude and the GTS with 21 pz....both had pasm. However I am nearly 50... with a shit back , do not have children, and have no desire to carry stuff up and down the motorway apart from my lovely girlfriend and myself, and my huge grin. ( ear defenders are always optional ) ....and 33 mpg helped too.
:lol:

Congratulations on the Cayman!

Your outgoing Macan GTS is pretty much the exact spec that I'm looking for (minus the 21"s)... good taste Sir!
Jet Black GTS | 21" Sport Classics Gloss Black | PanRoof | Air Suspension + PASM | Pebble Grey Interior | Sport Design Mirrors | PDLS+ | Light Comfort | Bose | PS+
Mike and his Macan

Thanks... Silverstone sold it within 3 days , put it up for 68k... any reason for not wanting the 21s ? If it’s about ride etc I can confirm the ride is absolutely superb with the 21s absolutely no problems at all with them.
Gonzo0

Post by Gonzo0 »

Mike, looks like you had the same demo Cayman as we had from Silverstone:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=7963

Weather wasnt on our side so it didnt look quite as clean.

How did you find the spec on the demo, very track focused wouldn't you say?
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Why no rear wiper on the Cayman? Is it an option?
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
bennachie

Post by bennachie »

'Cos it looks pants and spoils a beautiful shape.

It is an option (rare)
'The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time'