Fun had at Jaguar with a Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:16 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 pm
goron59 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 am And I was asked to park my R8 further away from the showroom when visiting an OPC.

Would have loved to have overheard that conversation! :P
You might have thought that they’d be pleased with suggestion that the owner of the R8 was looking to trade up. 😑
R8 to 918... ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

goron59 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 am And I was asked to park my R8 further away from the showroom when visiting an OPC.

Conversely, Volvo didn’t seem to mind me parking the Macan outside their dealership.

Volvo are less full of themselves.
I presume you weren't parked in the customer parking area? But regardless I would have driven straight away if I was told to park further away. Unbelievable arrogance!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Peteski wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 am

Conversely, Volvo didn’t seem to mind me parking the Macan outside their dealership.

I presume you weren't parked in the customer parking area? But regardless I would have driven straight away if I was told to park further away. Unbelievable arrogance!
Customer parking area!!!

What Customer Parking Area?

Recently I have been to:-

Audi - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Audi’s.

Mercedes - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Mercs

BMW - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Beamers

Alfa Romero - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Fiat 500s

Volvo - no customer parking available, it is all filled with R8’s

Jaguar - plenty of customer parking but it is a long walk past all the RRs and Discoes to get there (it is a new very large showroom with a huge parking lot)

At the Audi and Merc dealers they are in a Motor City development and everywhere is full to overflowing with mundane cars of every make.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
j5kol

Post by j5kol »

I recently visited the new JLR dealership in Bolton to get the low down on an E-Pace for my father. Parked up in my Macan right in front of the dealership and at no given time was i approached by a salesman, even when i decided to clamber all over an I-Pace they had in their showroom. I mustn't have looked serious enough for them, given i had just come from football training and wasn't in the "correct" attire. Oh well, thought the whole range was a bit sub-standard anyway :-)
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:17 am
Peteski wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:02 am

Customer parking area!!!

What Customer Parking Area?

Recently I have been to:-

Audi - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Audi’s.

Mercedes - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Mercs

BMW - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Beamers

Alfa Romero - no customer parking available, it is all filled with Fiat 500s

Volvo - no customer parking available, it is all filled with R8’s

Jaguar - plenty of customer parking but it is a long walk past all the RRs and Discoes to get there (it is a new very large showroom with a huge parking lot)

At the Audi and Merc dealers they are in a Motor City development and everywhere is full to overflowing with mundane cars of every make.
Towcester OPC usually has empty visitor spaces to the left of the showroom, but often people just park up straight outside the entrance. Last time I parked up outside with my Tesla in the summer they actually showed a lot of interest in it and it sparked off a friendly conversation about their upcoming EVs and charging facilities. I need to go back soon to discuss whether or not I can actually buy a Taycan next year and for the sort of price they have been touting i.e. £60-70k. I'm still doubtful of their availability without a very long wait.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I visited the Belfast Ferrari dealership in the Macan a few months ago and was welcomed with open arms. No shortage of adjacent parking spaces that were the biggest I've ever encountered, about twice the width of a typical Tesco space. Even though they saw I was driving a Porsche I was given a long test drive in their 488 demo.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
VanB

Post by VanB »

Rab J wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm I visited the Belfast Ferrari dealership in the Macan a few months ago and was welcomed with open arms. No shortage of adjacent parking spaces that were the biggest I've ever encountered, about twice the width of a typical Tesco space. Even though they saw I was driving a Porsche I was given a long test drive in their 488 demo.
I imagine a typical Ferrari buyer is "trading up" from a Porsche or maybe an Aston or R8 or similar so you would have been treated seriously. My experience is generally the more expensive the manufacturer the scruffier the clientele as they don't have anything to prove!
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate