Fun had at Jaguar with a Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Col M

Post by Col M »

So 10 years after I owned a lowly X Type and 7 years after I asked to be taken off their mailing list, I still get invitations to Open/Hard Sell Days. There was one this weekend and as the Macan had been detailed this week, I thought I would turn up personally and ask them to stop :D they promised they would as my car garnering the most attention. :twisted:
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble

Macananon

Post by Macananon »

I know what you mean

We get the same reaction when we take my missus's F Type to our OPC.
goron59

Post by goron59 »

And I was asked to park my R8 further away from the showroom when visiting an OPC.

Conversely, Volvo didn’t seem to mind me parking the Macan outside their dealership.

Volvo are less full of themselves.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I went out on test drive of an F Pace and when we got back the SE asked what I was driving.

I pointed to my Macan and said that.

The look on his face was a picture
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 am I went out on test drive of an F Pace and when we got back the SE asked what I was driving.

I pointed to my Macan and said that.

The look on his face was a picture
I had an F Pace development engineer advise against an F Pace test drive as he said I’d be disappointed given I had a Macan (of the spec I had, and knowing what kind of driver I am ).

When I did test drive an F Pace eventually (supercharged petrol version) I was actually quite impressed.

I suspect Jag were a bit embarrassed by the rather unfinished quality of the First Edition models.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Cheshire Cat

Post by Cheshire Cat »

Having had many JLR products and given them many chances to fix the inevitable problems, my most recent experience with a Range Rover Sport has put me off any JLR product for life. They will break.
Dolomite Silver 'S' with red leather 14 way seats, Pano roof, Bose, Air suspension with pasm, Chrono pack, PDLS, Surround view, 911 turbo wheels, heated screen, spare wheel, ioniser,75 lt tank, black tail pipes, black roof rails.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

By lending me 2 F Paces a few years ago ago, Jaguar lost me permanently. They were hoping I would trade in my lovely red XFS for one, but not at all. Seeing 1st hand how the production quality had diminished and being underwhelmed by the F Pace. We were sold on the SUV concept, so in an evolutionary move upwards, we called in to Silverstone OPC. 3 Porsches later, JLR is history in my life. Have to admit the XF was a good looking motor.

XFS2 VC10 Cosford.jpg

"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

goron59 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 am And I was asked to park my R8 further away from the showroom when visiting an OPC.

Would have loved to have overheard that conversation! :P
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 pm
goron59 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:29 am And I was asked to park my R8 further away from the showroom when visiting an OPC.

Would have loved to have overheard that conversation! :P
You might have thought that they’d be pleased with suggestion that the owner of the R8 was looking to trade up. 😑
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Bigboyrolo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:50 pm By lending me 2 F Paces a few years ago ago, Jaguar lost me permanently. They were hoping I would trade in my lovely red XFS for one, but not at all. Seeing 1st hand how the production quality had diminished and being underwhelmed by the F Pace. We were sold on the SUV concept, so in an evolutionary move upwards, we called in to Silverstone OPC. 3 Porsches later, JLR is history in my life. Have to admit the XF was a good looking motor.
XFS2 VC10 Cosford.jpg
Glad you enjoyed your XF

I had one as a loaner XF S when my X Type was in for service, it was a very uncomfortable day, we did about 200 miles up from Preston to Carlisle then a winding route through the Lake District, I just could not get the seats adjusted to provide any comfort.

That threw out any thought that I had about buying an XF.

Conversely I did find the F Pace reasonably comfy with a good ride seeing it was shod with 22” rims and the handling was more than acceptable but the quality had certainly dropped.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags