911 goes standard with PDK...

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

It will change on the configurater soon... you can also still build the car in sapphire blue but that colour is no longer available, but they have not changed it on configuratier, yet I’m assured it will change soon. I had this conversation few weeks back as I was worried there might be a price increase whilst my car was being built, and it would be added to the overall cost. But I selected pdk in the cayman in any case , but also asked if they were going to have a early price increase 2.7% I think is general... but no one knows so I’m keeping my fingers crossed, as this will push me over budget and I’ll have to start de configuration!!! Not a term they like to hear😊. Also rumbling of the cayman s being dropped , but this comes from another person.
Last edited by Mike and his Macan on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊

MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Yes I heard that all Caymans and Boxsters to come out of the factory from now will be PDK only. The PDK does cost more - hence why the 6 speed manual on the GT3 is a 'no cost option'
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Mike and his Macan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 pm It will change on the configurater soon... you can also still build the car in sapphire blue but that colour is no longer available, but they have not changed it on configuratier, yet I’m assured it will change soon. I had this conversation few weeks back as I was worried there might be a price increase whilst my car was being built, and it would be added to the overall cost. But I selected pdk in the cayman in any case , but also asked if they were going to have a early price increase 2.7% I think is general... but no one knows so I’m keeping my fingers crossed, as this will push me over budget and I’ll have to start de configuration!!! Not a term they like to hear😊. Also rumbling of the cayman s being dropped , but this comes from another person.
Well if it is true about the 911, I’m not too upset, as I’d have one of the last manual 911s ever built! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:03 pm
Mike and his Macan wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:43 pm It will change on the configurater soon... you can also still build the car in sapphire blue but that colour is no longer available, but they have not changed it on configuratier, yet I’m assured it will change soon. I had this conversation few weeks back as I was worried there might be a price increase whilst my car was being built, and it would be added to the overall cost. But I selected pdk in the cayman in any case , but also asked if they were going to have a early price increase 2.7% I think is general... but no one knows so I’m keeping my fingers crossed, as this will push me over budget and I’ll have to start de configuration!!! Not a term they like to hear😊. Also rumbling of the cayman s being dropped , but this comes from another person.
Well if it is true about the 911, I’m not too upset, as I’d have one of the last manual 911s ever built! ;)
Yes but only until next year when you get a Taycan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Mike and his Macan

Post by Mike and his Macan »

Yep... I thought that , and Iv been thinking about buying a manual 2nd hand GTS hopefully it might hold its value better, but absolutely no chance of finding a nice one.. Iv been scanning for weeks!
Macan GTS.Vol/ grey turbo 21s, Bose, Panroof, heated seats and steering wheel, 18 way , red belts, LEDs, light comf mem, privacy , compass, 18 spare wheel, aluminium inserts, auto dim mirrors, smoked,r/rails,p/assi. CAYMAN GTS now 😊
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:05 pm
Wing Commander wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:03 pm
Yes but only until next year when you get a Taycan.
:lol: Not gonna happen, Col.
Simon

steve w

Post by steve w »

Wing Commander
Seem to think we’ve heard that one before.
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

The information of manual standard cars has been around for some time. The only manual cars will be the GT cars. WLTP has gotten in the way
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18
Mistertoad

Post by Mistertoad »

If PDK is the standard fit will a manual box be available as a no cost option? In which case the almost certain price rise will have to be swallowed up. On the plus side manual 911’s will be fewer and more desirable drivers’ cars. Manual DB9’s are very hard to find and cost considerable more than automatic versions of the same age/mileage. (There are no manual DB9’s amongst the 53 cars currently on the AM website)
2015 Cayenne S - Sold
2016 718 Boxster - Sold
2016 Bentley Continental GT V8 S
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

steve w wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:11 pm Wing Commander
Seem to think we’ve heard that one before.
Very good, Steve! ;)

However, I categorically guarantee that I will not be getting a Taycan next year! :geek:
Simon