Facelift Macan European Launch Paris Show

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
pmg

Post by pmg »

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/products.html

I was hoping for more information than from Shanghai eg details of the engine in "S" version but no mention and no additional info than announced at Shangai
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Gobbike

Post by Gobbike »

there are some new or at least confirmed bits.

1. Base engine lost 2.5% power.
2. Consumption and emissions are up 7% (under new tests)
3. Price hike of 400gbp (but pcm is standard now?)
4. Available to order now, meaning to be at configurator in 6-12 hours from now?
5. various tweaks and new minor options (ioniser , new wheels, assistance etc)
Orangebulldog

Post by Orangebulldog »

j5kol

Post by j5kol »

Apart from the revised rear lights and large screen i can't see why you would rush out to change if you currently have a Macan. I for one won't be doing, unless the GTS is radically changed once that hits the showrooms.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Also "Porsche has extended the list of options designed to enhance convenience, which now includes a heated windshield and an air ioniser that – together with the fine particulate air filter (fitted as standard) – improves the quality of the air inside the vehicle."
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Agree with all the above, not enough change to make us want to change an already good 2 year old cars
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
gtipirelli

Post by gtipirelli »

Just had a read of the link at the top of the thread and power of the base model is being quoted as 245bhp with a combined consumption of about 34 mpg. Bit of a retrograde step on the power front in my eyes as the current 252 bhp motor hardly sets your pants on fire

Quite a few other manufacturers fit 2.0T petrol engines that push out close to 300 bhp. That is quite a difference

The fuel consumption looks spot on though as that is what we get on average in ours
Cayenne E Hybrid
718 Cayman S
Previous : Macan 2.0
davetronic

Post by davetronic »

Feel more than disappointed TBH. Just what I didn’t want, a depowered/ underpowered base model that can only just keep up with a kite surfer (!), and only available in preset configurations. Think I might get my 3k deposit back, buy and keep a different car for a year or so and come back to Porsche when the GTS is announced.
Present: Macan S 2019 (PK1QF9N7), Audi Q3 S-line Quattro
Previous: Maserati Ghibli, 944, 911, Cayman, many Benz & BMW coupes. Sahara Beige Capri with brown vinyl roof. And a Renault R4L. (I'd like another).
VanB

Post by VanB »

May be a similar story for the GTS when it comes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

Looks like the new emissions regulations are going to have a negativie effect on power outputs for a while.
Also not seeing a mode switch on the steering wheel even though the car in the add looks like it has SC.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50