UK Configurator Up and Running for Facelift Macan

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
SRDL

Post by SRDL »

biggeordie wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:06 pm Hi All

With fear of being ridiculed, as 2ltr config is on line, with no date yet for 3ltr.

Would anyone consider going for 2ltr in place of 3ltr due to waiting time.

Have been waiting 7 months already for configurator.

Now give me best shots :!: :!: :!:
I test drove a Macan S at the beginning of April so I’ve also been waiting a long time for the facelift. No, I won’t go for the 2.0L for all sorts of reasons so I’m just going to have to wait. Trying to speak to my local S/E to see if he has any idea about the S launch.
Steve
Mercedes-AMG GLC 43 (3 litre, 367bhp) - in the end I went for that rather than a Macan S - sorry!

johnd

Post by johnd »

SRDL wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:39 pm Trying to speak to my local S/E to see if he has any idea about the S launch.
An SE I was talking to today said on the configurator in December with first deliveries sometime in 19Q2 is the schedule that they've been advised of. No idea how accurate this is.

One thing I am curious about are the new engine specs for the 3l and how accurate people think the WLTP figures for mpg are likely to be. My guess is still 20% or so optimistic but closer than they used to be.
Macan SD (Rhodium) www.porsche-code.com/PH4H6XU3 June 2016

Real mpg at Fuelly
Dandock

Post by Dandock »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:35 pm Hi Mike.

I didn’t notice much difference in the price of options over 3 years. Just increased roughly in line with inflation I’d guess.

Au revoir.

Simon
Misunderstanding, Simon. What I’m trying to remember is, if like the Turbo and GTS, the various options were originally priced differently for the 2 ltr as compared to the S? e.g. was Sports Plus or a colour or whatever a less expensive option on the the S?
VG Petrol S http://www.porsche-code.com/PHIVCQU7           And a GT3 RS... by Lego! Not crash-tested! 😀
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Extraordinary that you still have to pay for PSP, speed limit indicator, heated seats... all things you get as standard in a budget hatchback costing nearly 40k less.
Porsche really need to wake up and realise tech/toys are commodity nowadays and should not be expensive extras... I mean that was pretty much true in 2015, but much more so now.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Dandock wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:04 pm

I didn’t notice much difference in the price of options over 3 years. Just increased roughly in line with inflation I’d guess.

Au revoir.

Simon
Misunderstanding, Simon. What I’m trying to remember is, if like the Turbo and GTS, the various options were originally priced differently for the 2 ltr as compared to the S? e.g. was Sports Plus or a colour or whatever a less expensive option on the the S?
Ah, with you, Mike. Can’t recall, to be honest. Porsche pricing is sometimes difficult to fathom. In some cases, an option costs more on a more expensive model. For example, PDK is £2k on a Cayman, more on a 911 Carrera, more on a Carrera T and nearly £3k on a 911 GTS. And occasionally it might work the other way around. I wouldn’t bank on an option costing less on a Macan S than on the 2.0 though. Pretty sure that things like metallic paint would be the same for both models... 🤔
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

goron59 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 pm Extraordinary that you still have to pay for PSP, speed limit indicator, heated seats... all things you get as standard in a budget hatchback costing nearly 40k less.
Porsche really need to wake up and realise tech/toys are commodity nowadays and should not be expensive extras... I mean that was pretty much true in 2015, but much more so now.
I suppose at least it gives you maximum choice. All the stuff that is "standard" in other cars is still embedded in the price you pay. Although it is certainly cheaper to manufacture if something is standard rather than a custom fit. I do think Porsche (VAG in general) dumb down their base specs more than necessary to achieve a low headline list price.
Col M

Post by Col M »

goron59 wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:52 pm Extraordinary that you still have to pay for PSP, speed limit indicator, heated seats... all things you get as standard in a budget hatchback costing nearly 40k less.
I still see it the other way... I'm not stuck with paying for tech I don't want. :?
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

:roll:

Are we really sure that Porsche want to sell Macans?

By the time V6 Macans are available again it will be over a year since they last were.

:o
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
smithy37

Post by smithy37 »

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:11 pm
Dandock wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Au revoir.

Simon
Ah, with you, Mike. Can’t recall, to be honest. Porsche pricing is sometimes difficult to fathom. In some cases, an option costs more on a more expensive model. For example, PDK is £2k on a Cayman, more on a 911 Carrera, more on a Carrera T and nearly £3k on a 911 GTS. And occasionally it might work the other way around. I wouldn’t bank on an option costing less on a Macan S than on the 2.0 though. Pretty sure that things like metallic paint would be the same for both models... 🤔
You say Porsche pricing is confusing, well had I have optioned the front & rear stainless skid plates on my E3 Cayenne Turbo i’d have paid £800. On the Tequipment site they are individually priced at £365 each (fitted). Go figure.

Ps. I bought & had fitted just the rear skid plate. Very subtle but finishes the back end off nicely. Paid for out of my free vouchers for losing the sports design package after lock down. Happy camper.
Taycan Turbo S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPMJ963

Litchfield tuned Porsche Carrera 4 GTS (991.2)

Sold in Jan 2019 - Cayenne Turbo (E3)

Sold in 2018 - Macan Turbo (15):
Paul

Post by Paul »

👍👍
Any “sorry” vouchers for the home-link debacle?
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465