Did it really do that?!!

All Porsche Macan Related Discussion
Marra

Post by Marra »

Been a while since I posted but I’m still a regular reader. Had my Macan S for almost a year and 7,000 miles. It is without doubt the best car I’ve ever had and I love it.

I parked up last night just as the petrol warning light came on. When I opened the car this morning, the petrol filler cover opened of its own accord - did it really do that to remind me I needed fuel, or did it think that I had arrived at a filling station, or something else but for whatever reason, it did it and it hasn’t ever done it before.

Deleted User 1874

Post by Deleted User 1874 »

Marra wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:28 pm Been a while since I posted but I’m still a regular reader. Had my Macan S for almost a year and 7,000 miles. It is without doubt the best car I’ve ever had and I love it.

I parked up last night just as the petrol warning light came on. When I opened the car this morning, the petrol filler cover opened of its own accord - did it really do that to remind me I needed fuel, or did it think that I had arrived at a filling station, or something else but for whatever reason, it did it and it hasn’t ever done it before.
How could it possibly know you had arrived at a filling station? Maybe GPS as a very long shot, but highly unlikely given that you weren't actually at a filling station. The other alternative of opening the flap just to remind you that you are low on fuel would seem like a stupid thing to do, so I very much doubt that either. So I'm guessing an electronic/mechanical glitch with the flap or you accidentally pressed the button.
Marra

Post by Marra »

Which button?
Guy

Post by Guy »

Marra wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:03 pmWhich button?
There isn't a button!

(You may be aware that Peteski has never owned a Macan! Oops! :lol: )
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is not a remote release, the filler flap is pressed at the left hand side and it opens.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Marra

Post by Marra »

Exactly what I thought having been a very regular visitor to the pumps in my 7000 miles. Anyway, it did open when I opened the car this morning with the key - who knows, I’ll put it down to gremlins.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Very strange ........weird :? :? :?
Col M

Post by Col M »

Must be a new GPS update!
Or I missed the PAFO option (Porsche Auto Fill Open)
Expired Porsche code PJVNAUH5 Rhodium SD :roll: Agate & Pebble
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Probably the new AI update for the Macan going into self preservation mode
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nosmo

Post by Nosmo »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:24 pm Probably the new AI update for the Macan going into self preservation mode
Alternatively, the fuel filler cap popped open when the locking mechanism was released when you unlocked the car. Why the flap would have been "primed" is anyone's guess? Some kids trying to steal the filler cap??
Deposit paid 14/12/13 - Picked up on 14/03/15.PF9FZLV2
GTS: PHVVUV96 Picked up on 16/06/16
Cayman GTS on order - due for delivery Nov '18